HybridZ
RebekahsZ

Georgia 1/2-mile 2016

RebekahsZ    106

EasTNz and I have registered for the Georgia 1/2-mile on Sep 17, 2016. We are registered for Saturday only. Come out and join us or cheer us on. I will have just my LS2 240z and will likely still only go 145-ish. Travis has just turbo-d his otherwise-stock 5.3. We have no idea what he will run but it should be a good bit faster than me. My fastest last trip was 148mph. I will be playing with a couple different rear spoilers and my big front airdam. Come cheer for us or laugh at us! I know I'm supposed to say "laugh WITH us," but I know the truth....go to wannagofast.com for details.

post-5903-0-93368900-1466149729_thumb.jpg

post-5903-0-21775500-1466149767_thumb.jpg

Edited by RebekahsZ

RebekahsZ    106

A disappointing best speed of 144mph.  I did learn a lot about my new rear spoiler (I like it) and about brake bias with slicks.  No incidents.  I will study my time slips (which are locked in the car on the trailer) and give a more detailed report.  Fastest car was a turbo Viper at 218mph.  A turbo corvette spun off the track into the grass without damage on a 1-2 shift, and a Porsche ran off the track in the braking portion, but returned to the track to run some more.  A viper blew up an engine and I saw lots of blue smoke mid-track on the heavier turbo cars that were beating me.  The morning and early afternoon were very slow in getting thru the staging line, but by mid-afternoon I was virtually hot-lapping.  If it weren't for the spectater line to get in, I'd be tempted to just come at noon in future years.  A great event.  I was the oldest car running.  I need a turbo, badly.

RebekahsZ    106

I will be doing more testing with that spoiler and a smaller version in 2 weeks. Wait to order til then and I hope to have more data. Thursday night I will be putting the splitter back on the airdam and reinforcing a junkyard "BRE" rear spoiler.just pray for dead-calm wind conditions so that the data will be worthwhile.

Edited by RebekahsZ

hooahh3    0

Those are all nice speeds!

I'm also curious on how they all handled for y'all? i've hit 105-10 in my 76' all stock i'll admit and it felt like i could rotate and take off! Front end was a good 2" up and squirly as hell. Couldn't imagine 150+.

RebekahsZ    106

Well, I've worked really hard on my car over the past 25 years, and after all of that it is ALMOST as good as a stock 240z-lol! For comments on the car's handling look at the thread below this one on the Ohio Mile.

Edited by RebekahsZ