HybridZ

Need a mechanic in Michigan area please.

I recently bought a a 260z. The EBay ad stated that the engine was upgraded to the L28, but I think all 260z ads claim this, so I'm not sure what I have.

I'm not a mechanic by any means so all I can really do is tune ups and oil changes, but I would really like to get the maximum horsepower from this engine, but it's not like I can just go to my mechanic. I need somebody in my area who can rebuild the engine, add a turbo and whatever else can be done within reason. I live in Dundee Michigan, which is closer than Toledo than Detroit. Also, I would also like to hear suggestions as to what direction I should be heading with this project. If s V8 swap is what I should be considering, I'm all ears. I would really like to make this thing fast.

The engine code is stamped on the side of the block, above the #5 and 6 cylinders.  It will say L28 if it's an L28.  

How fast is fast?  The L28 moves the cars pretty well.  

It will be difficult to find a mechanic who can work on the old Datsun engines.  Good luck.  Put "Michigan" in the title of your post to catch some eyes.

F54 Block, P90 Head at that.... CHT removed on that head.

I'd say "meet you in the Cabela's Parking Lot" but you're a month late for me passing through from Pittsburgh to my bro's in St. Clair Shores.

Lots of guys over on the West side of the state nearer GR and Grattan Raceway. There was a Car Club registered with the ZCCA and usually the guys in the club can do at least one of two important things:

1) Tell you where to go for work.

2) More importantly, tell you where to AVOID going for work!

TimZ is in the Detroit Area... he's over 600HP on E85, I'm thinking he may be able to direct you to a couple of competent places to at least do the groundwork for you.