HybridZ

Totalled 1977 280z

So a few weeks ago I was driving my 280z when a tree fell on the roof. It ended up twisting the frame and crushing the roof. I was knocked out instantly causing me to drive off the road through some brush. To get me out of the car they had to cut the roof off. I was looking to replace her with a different 280z and use her as a parts car. I just cant seem to get the money together, so I have decided to sell her off to someone who can put the parts to use. Just don't know what to sell her for, I was thinking $1500 without wheels and hood (keeping because of sentimental value). Im not really sure whats all bad on it, just know the basics and am just curious to what you guys think.

The Bad:

• lower valance destroyed along with BRE air dam
  • roof ruined
  • windows all smashed
  • rear hatch has been cut through
  • damage to right front suspension (not sure what it is, but wheel is pushed into the fender
  • assuming there is damage to the rest of the front end as the 240z bumper seems to hang lower then it used to
  • right front body panel is dented, I am pretty sure that is the only one

I believe that to be the only damage, but there could be more. The car has the standard 2.8L Inline 6 with the 4 speed manual. Interior is in relatively good shape, and I believe most of the suspension is in good shape. I dont have much for pictures as I am in a neckbrace, but will try to provide more pictures. Thanks for your help.

post-48308-0-62751000-1466899866_thumb.jpg

Dang man I'm glad your okay. What are the odds of driving and having a tree fall on you? Wow.

I think your fair on your assement. You could probably get a lot more ebaying all the parts your self.

Is there a rush to get rid of her? Space issue? Why not hang on for a bit. iIfyou find another one those parts may come in handy.

Okay cool I figured as much, and ya I need to get rid of it. The car sits outside at the moment as I have no where to go with it. I was planning on using it as a parts car, but finding a 280z equivalent to mine for a good price has been a problem. At this point I just want to get rid of it so the parts don't go to waste. I would strip it down and store the parts inside, but in my current condition I am unable to do so. So I am just going to see if I can sell it off as a whole unit. Thanks for your help, and time.