HybridZ

Which car would you buy to upgrade from your Z?

afbrian13

So of course this is a just for fun question, and of course we're all Z guys or we wouldn't be on here, so many will probably say they wouldn't change cars.

However, if you were to buy a different sports car than your Z what would you consider an upgrade? Z cars are regarded as one of the best sports cars ever(within normal reach) I was just reading that a 70s Z will beat out it's contemporaries; Mustangs, Porsche 924, and has a higher top end than a 911t.

For newer cars there are a lot of options of course, M3, gt86, hell- a focus is faster and handles better!

So what would you get?

I was thinking it would be a Porsche 911, but then again it would cost a bit more money.

An E-Type would be awesome, but I don't know it's actually better performance and they cost a lot.

What do you think?

As far as new cars go then a Lotus 7 would have to be it.

If I could trade my 240z for anything in the past it would be one of the following:

1920's Bugatti Type 35B

1920's Alfa Romeo 8C

1924 Bentley Twin Turbo

1961 ZIL-112 Sports car - 

It featured the inline 8 cylinder engine out of the ZiL-111, which was good for about 230 hp. It sported a limited slip diff, radial tires, and disc brakes, all firsts for Soviet Union-produced cars.

Anything carb'ed with an XK6 or Speed Six motor or I8...

"UPGRADE"?

I didn't buy a 72 Big Block Vette 4sp posi convertible in 1989 under the rationale "I could buy five nice Z's for that!"

Probably still holds true today, but a top-down big block Vette makes a hoot of a weekend cruiser if you hop it up with the right stuff...

1989, Palisades Parkway, upstate NY. Red, 427 3-2 side pipes equipped convertible stingray. Ran for over an hour at 120mph plus to make it back to West Point for dinner formation after taking my buddy to the airport. I had a couple of buddies with nice cars (1984 911) that used me to ferry them places and trusted me to get their cars back for them in one piece. Good times.

Hmm tough question.  I think I'd have to get another miata.  But the problem is I've had too many of them.  At one point in my life, I've owned a few "fun" cars.  S2000 and miata both, but I think I'd really would have to go something a bit more luxurious.  Maybe a Lexus RC-F?

In no particular order

S2000

FRS  BRZ (w turbo or super charger)

Z06 Vette with LS7

R32 Skyline (imported from Canada)

Z32 twin turbo

You know we have R34 Skylines now? I could register it and "Lease" it to you :P

Here is my vote for compareable 2 seaters.

Classic. Air cooled Porsche or 77 Celica

Modded: 1UZ swapped BRZ

Modern: BMW M2

This all depends on funding as I have little to none so the semi big dollar cars I lust for would most likely be out of the picture. Semi expensive, pipe dream and lust worthy cars for me would be Jaguar F type R or SVR, Lotus Evora 400, Alfa Romeo 4C and Porsche 911. More realistic options would first be the BRZ / FRS with a turbo setup, (Crawford Performance is not far away from me), build an 818C from Factory 5 or lastly highly modify an old Porsche 914 with eitherPorsche 3.something engine/subaru wrx/ LS2 swap. Unfortunately California smog laws would have a major impact on modifying a newer than '75 car.

http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/project-818/ 

Edited by Nelsonian