HybridZ
jgkurz

.82 A/R Turbine Housing - Who's running one?

Thanks Rossman.

I saw that page but wondered about what he did for the area from ports 1-4 coming into the plenum.

There was absolutely no mention of smoothing or enlarging which is why I thought I may have miss3d a page...

Edited by Brad-ManQ45

i know this one is out of the league.....

just wondering if a stock L28E .....    will cooperate with a GT30  on 0.82ar ??

going standalone on a fairly stock L28E ( internally - just for now ( low boost ) ) - and thinking if it's gonna spool fine on that ar size ??

any tips would be cool.

cheers guys.

Has anybody but Jeff done the exhaust manifold pressure checks?

My understanding is some of the new Diesels have an exhaust pressure sensor available, and if this is true, I can see adding that to a logging channel, or monitoring it with the EMS will pay dividends in the black art of turbine sizing.

Okay, this is a bit late, but search ebay for "Powerstroke Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor" or "Powerstroke EBP".  

They have approximately a 3.5 bar range, from 34kPa at 0 Volts to 390kPa at 5 Volts.

I'm currently using one for both instrumenting my Turbine Inlet Pressure, and another as my MAP sensor.  Works great as a MAP since I don't pull much vacuum at idle anyway, and it gives me roughly the same boost capacity with better resolution than a 4bar sensor!

A long and skiny tube to a standard map sensor works as long as you don't have a leak near the sensor.

You do have to pick where you are porting the sensor carefully so you don't get problems with venturi effect causing low readings.

If you want to go all out, get a DLP solutions I08 and datalog 8 channels in nistune.

Edited by HowlerMonkey

A long and skiny tube to a standard map sensor works as long as you don't have a leak near the sensor.

You do have to pick where you are porting the sensor carefully so you don't get problems with venturi effect causing low readings.

If you want to go all out, get a DLP solutions I08 and datalog 8 channels in nistune.

I used a piece of brake line tubing for this same purpose with my EBP.  I believe they do something similar in production.