HybridZ

Nitrous control not working

skirkland1980

Can't get ms to turn the n2o on. I have a switch sending a gound to js4 on the v3.57 board. This is ms2 extra 3.3.2. I have output set to iac1 since I'm using fidle for the fan and I have no idea what "remote port1 bits 0+1" means. I'm using iac1 pin 25 on the db37 to send a 12v signal to a relay. Is that correct or is it ground? All the conditions to trigger the n2o are being fulfilled but nothing. Tps is working correctly, coolant temp above min, rpm within set limits. I can jump pins 87 and 30 and get it to turn on and I swear I felt the relay click but nothing. I tested the relay by check resistance on pins 87&30 while energizing pin 85&86 and seems good. Nitrous worked good before connecting to ms. I had methanol injection on iac1 and it didn't seem to work either.

post-8737-0-26314900-1469391180_thumb.jpg

post-8737-0-00242900-1469391226_thumb.jpg

Ok. I'm not going crazy. Ms is triggering the nitrous. I am getting power and ground to the solenoids but it's very low. Apparently not enough to turn them on about 11.2 volts. This is because the alternator isn't spinning fast enough which has been a problem since I installed the ati damper. I've ordered a voltage regulator that will turn on the alternator at a lower rpm.

Here is an interesting technical tidbit from Bosch. Pin #86 should always be connected to power and pin #85 to ground. Could it be so simple???

"> Basically, it doesn’t matter whether pin 85 or 86 is used for ground or 12 volt if the relay does

not have a diode across the coil. Bosch states that 86 should be the 12V connection and 85 should be the ground since newer relays come with an internal diode.