HybridZ

Gt-rZ

260zedd

I think if you look a bit down there is a guy who did a challenger front end, I think it looks pretty decent. 

I mean you are going to have some pretty good fiberglass/sheet metal skills to make it look decent.

The S30 looks kind of like a jaguar e-type from some angles, and a little bit like a porsche from some angles, certain ferrari's from others, definitely a european vibe. Hakosuka looks like a smaller american muscle car. It will be kind of odd to mash those two distinctly different styles together. 

Appreciate the input guys. I agree a proper s30 has a strong flavor of e type and most distinctively Ferrari 250 gto. That, for me comes mostly from the "feminine" front. The sharp rear quarters and abrupt end of the rear rscream muscle to me, but in a more subtle than say the Challenger. All in all the rear of the car is the part I'm in love with above all, and to me the original front takes away from that. Hopefully I'll put many hours into this, realize I can't decide which I like better, and acquire a better example of a z to keep perfectly original.

Not terrible looking, but I think it will be very difficult to meld the two together in a way that it wont look like you took the front and rears of two very different cars and put them together.  The Z front end has a nice gradual downward slope to it that matches the sloping back in the rear, where the GTR has a very "flat" top fender profile.  Seeing a profile view of your rendering would show this difference very clearly.  I think your rendering will look pretty good from some angles (where one of the two "vehicles" is not as visible) but just wont work from other angles (where you see the two different vehicles clearly).  But, everyone is entitled to their likes/dislikes.  

The profile is not as bad as I expected, but still feels a bit awkward to me.  I think part of it is the front is a bit too "boxy" looking.  The way the lower valance juts out throws it off.  Maybe curved back like this, sort of like the stock S30 lower valance?

post-44876-0-70984700-1469646916_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pillar

Yeah, the front like that actually matches the S30 rear end in profile surprisingly well (somewhat sharp angle up top, nice curve at the bottom).  Very interesting concept for sure.  Pulling it off well would be a bit of a challenge, but I think it could be done.