HybridZ

280z rear strut insulator

Guys I am looking for a solution to replace my rotten rear strut insulators on my 280z (75). After doing some research, I found that no one makes them any more. All you can buy are the front ones which are too short for the rear (unless you car is 74 or below). Anyone found a way to rig the the fronts with a spacer of some sort? Or maybe happen to have a set sitting around? Go figure after doing a LS swap, complete rewrite, and rust repair, that this insulator would be the biggest pain in the butt.

In case anyone stumbles onto this thread later, there is no easy solution to replacing these. Rear strut insulators for 75 and above 280z and late model 260 are no longer produced. The shorter front ones are and will fit 74 and below 240z. While they technically will fit the later 280z, they are a fair chunk shorter and will lower the rear end by a fair bit. The only real solution to replacing these is to find a donor car and pull them or hope someone has an extra set. Luckily I found a local junk yard that had a pair that I could pull. Hopefully this helps someone in the future.