HybridZ

Why would you ship that from America? A 2+2 story

• 3 weeks later...

and some more progress and scraping ;)

IMG 1053

IMG 1052

IMG 1047

IMG 1049

sadly I didn´t document the rear axle before it went back in but looking good. Luckily the doors are good, (edit, nothing done to them so far)

IMG 1059

engine is back together and waiting to go in :)

IMG 1057

IMG 1035

Edited by Villeman

• 1 month later...

rather tiny progress but hey...

IMG 1092

IMG 1090

IMG 1077

IMG 1076

IMG 1075

the wheels are the TÜV version but came out a LOT nicer than I expected. They have all season tires which I got dirt cheap so I have a TÜV set with some actual use in early/late season driving (background: since the car can technically go 210 with the Tüvs formula I would need to buy right sized high-speed tires which are silly expensive, with all season tires you can but up to 2 speed indexes slower tires while still being legal ...isn´t german DMV fun -_-). Just in case they complain about the general lee ones ^^

Next: Paint and reassembly. Will keep the stock paint, dull but the car is too good to mess with. just hope my seal pack didn´t get lost in transit (dangerdan? ) ^^
Edited by Villeman

Parts without certificate are getting harder to get through TÜV (wheels, exhaust and so on). That was easier a few years ago. They don't have to be stock, most inspectors of the TÜV don't even know whats stock on Z but it helps when they have the right measurements and look stock/old.

The historic certificate is on another level:

Any mods must have been possible +10 years of built date or older than 30 years but nobody would care about the heat shields. They are more forgiving for mods which are not visible.

Tyres at most 10mm wider than stock.

A good optical condition.

But that also means the maximum amount of tax for the car is $215. Normally dependent of the engine displacement. For example the L24: $730/yearly without historic certificate and $215 with it. Helps a lot on big V8s.

Tüv is discussing with me about the turbine wheels even though they aare period correct and on the car. But they weren´t noted in the cars documents (surprise in america) so they won´t allow it. Now I need to bring period parts calatogues to proove they are period correct ...

and yes, autobahn and Nürburgring, both places a not 100%  safe car willget you killed ;)

Edited by Villeman

• 4 weeks later...

And off to the painter it is... decided to go full stock and have it 306 again. (worst case it will get foil later ^^)

IMG 20170531 WA0003

IMG 20170531 WA0001

sitting really high in the back, hope it settles down (kept the original springs but got new shocks in, Gabriel iirc). It actually still had the fully serviceable units.

in other news, care package in all its glory, seals , stuff and more. Big shout out towards California. Man, i love those blue plates, sooo sad i can´t run them here

IMG 20170614 WA000

in case somebody knows some more details. Plate holder says Myers-Mears (whats that?) and the car was purchased in Richmont,  Ca

IMG 20170614 WA00

IMG 20170614 WA0

Edited by Villeman

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the one time i really like dark and moist garages when storing cars. Germany, the land of pristine uncracked dashes... even still flexes (but oh, the rust. Came from the black beauty 2+2 i butchered some time ago). Also, window is in (also from donor as last one broke -_-   sadly the windshield has scratch marks (who needs wiper blades .... ) . Did anybody try to polish those off?

IMG_1316.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

and rust be gone! (thanks dad!)

IMG_1324.thumb.JPG.7838a55748dd5e6b335f3cb5ea7ef79d.JPG

Edited by Villeman

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...