HybridZ

N42 Chamber Welding

CRAracer05

$11k? Where from? That's highway robbery...

Retail from Kameari's own website shows the retail price as being 435k Yen, which is around $4250 USD. Even with shipping, duties, and some other extra fees, it shouldn't be anywhere close to $11k.

If I were you, I would call Slovers porting out of California and see what they can do for you.

$11k? Where from? That's highway robbery...

Retail from Kameari's own website shows the retail price as being 435k Yen, which is around $4250 USD. Even with shipping, duties, and some other extra fees, it shouldn't be anywhere close to $11k.

If I were you, I would call Slovers porting out of California and see what they can do for you.

A well-known vendor quoted me this.

I found this out afterwards. I was asking for a quote on just having the chambers welded, and was told I could only get this service in a complete SPL head. I seriously have considered trying it myself as I have two N42 heads. I was going to practice on some old engine cases and such first. Ultimately I have decided now to either just run the N42 or wait for a good deal on an P90 to come up that I can shave.

you could buy a small chamber O5L (like 37 or 39cc chambers) port it, have new valve seats and tuliped valves and killer cam all done up for under $5K at slovers, including the cost of the O5L Head (if you can find one!)

Late L20ET Head, companion to the Y70 head which had port liners....the 2-liter L Engine Equivalent of the P90 / P79 Combination.