HybridZ

Needing some wiring help with l28et swap

nolander001

So I'm putting a l28et into a 280z and I'm in way over my head with doing the engine wiring. Since I'm swapping into a z will I use all the connectors on that harness or will there be connectors that are unused? Or is there anything special I need to know about this swap? Im about one week from shipping it to a shop to get finished lol but I really don't want to do that unless I absolutely have to.

Why wait a week?  There's all kinds of special you need to know.  Check bunblezee's thread.  You haven't said what engine management system you'll be using.

http://forums.hybridz.org/forum/90-l-series/

https://www.google.com/search?q=Needing+some+wiring+help+with+l28et+swap&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS584US584&oq=Needing+some+wiring+help+with+l28et+swap&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

"Stock" 280Z EFI systems won't handle a turbo well.  People do it but it takes some in-depth engine management knowledge to make it work.  

If you take it to a shop they won't know how to make it work either.  You are in over your head, there's no easy way.  You could just leave the turbo disconnected and use the 280Z EFI system to run the engine.  It will just be a low CR L6 engine.  Drivable with much less chance of blowing up. 

Seriously, there's much more involved than what type of connector to use.

• 4 weeks later...

Email Zprace@aol.com he can help.. I guarantee it.. You can use the stock na harness and computer.. My 280zx turbo is wired with one right now and is perfect and easy to tune and supports larger injectors the works... I run 12lbs of boost and can run much more. About to install a turbo header and t4 twinscroll turbo.. I will post pics for the doubters...