HybridZ

I got Robbed...

Tony D

Yep, bastards broke in through the kitchen window, tore out the door casings to get entry into each bedroom, bathroom, and closet.
Once into a room, totally trashed it going through everything to grab small high value items like DSLRs and Guns which they got after extensive and noisy work entering a concealed gun locker.

On first inventory, not including the structural damage to the 7 interior doors, the loss is now a running total of $15,000 +

Must be nice to work one night and rip off someone's lifetime of saving...

They poked around The Hoard as well. Asking a bud to go and install lock boxes on the containers ASAP so they can't break into them and get the Datsun junk...

Singapore Canes Thieves. America needs to Cane Thieves similarly. Strokes applied in onsey-twosies until they heal, then another couple of whacks.... Keeps you repenting your crime a bit longer.

• Like 1

Sorry Tony D!

Thieves are the worse low lifes.

My son (tooquick260 on here) had his first car stolen from our driveway, 1995 240sx wit out full coverage insurance. He worked McDs for 4 years to build it. S15 swap, 6 speed, a/c, body kit. Stolen at 3am Sunday 10/30/2010 morning (neighbors kid saw them) police found the car Monday night striped to the bone. We found the thieves but cops did nothing. Parts were spread out all over Florida!

Now the Datsun is marked uniquely on all special parts real hard to disguise!

We work to hard for this to happen, hope you have some justice.

That sucks Tony, sorry to hear. I hope your loss of guns weren't any family heirlloms. I have a couple that would devistate me.

I do self monitoring of my home with a product called insteon. I get push notifications on my phone when doors, windows, motion and garage door are open. I then jump on my video system to check anywhere I'm at to make sure it's family.

Dam Tony I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like crackheads to me, hopefully they didn't take anything rare. Other stuff can be replace.

Nope, I was pretty well insulated against crackheads with the reinforced interior doors. They would have grabbed the easy to find liquor and ran...

No, these guys brought heavy wrecking bars and tools to force entry into every room that had a reinforced door (which was every one...the more time they spend the better likelihood they are caught goes the conventional wisdom...

Crackheads break a window and grab stuff, if they can't get through a door with their feet, they grab what they see and book. These guys (there were at least two) got inside and then went to work in earnest. Tore out door frame casings, etc....

I wish them ill.

That sucks Tony, sorry to hear. I hope your loss of guns weren't any family heirlloms. I have a couple that would devistate me.

I do self monitoring of my home with a product called insteon. I get push notifications on my phone when doors, windows, motion and garage door are open. I then jump on my video system to check anywhere I'm at to make sure it's family.

That's exactly what they got, unfortunately. Not cheap either. With my dad and Uncle Bob recently passing they just came into my possession. One was a Marlin Model 62 in 30 Carbine like in unfired condition. Really surprised that Bob put that in his will, I was like 4 or 5 years old when he bought it and I asked if I could have it then...

My co-worker mentioned a thing from Liberty Safes that if I knew about it, I would have had it and that would have notified me. The SafElert... damn!

I have a video system, just not installed. They took the 4,000 rounds of ammo in the front walk-in-closet, but left the new-in-box security system there.

That they die under a gas truck tasting their own blood would please me...but only if I saw it happen, and they knew who i was...

And yes, they were poking around the hoard. They will be back.

I need to make some adjustments to the security alerts available at the house...

Spring Guns and remote Claymores are frowned upon by the local constabulary.

And yes, they were poking around the hoard. They will be back.

I need to make some adjustments to the security alerts available at the house...

Spring Guns and remote Claymores are frowned upon by the local constabulary.

Consider Blink security cameras - wireless, motion activated, indoor/outdoor (if protected from rain), cell phone notification when activated, and they send what they see to the Cloud so even if they are stolen, the recordings are available.  I bought a set after a break-in a few months ago.  I also added a very loud alarm system.  Sucks that we have to fortify our homes.

Dennis

This is why I've been wanting security cameras. Good deterrent and at the very least you could get a general description of them. Do you have neighbors near by? Things like this tend to happen in more rural areas.

My stupidity contributed to this, I have an 8 camera system and the thought that it needs to be 'properly' installed kept me from putting the cameras up, running the wires properly, concealing the DVR, etc... 

Had I just thrown the cameras out in the Zones I devised internal to the house, with cables running like spaghetti all over the place, it would have WORKED and I would have known when they got into the house through an iPhone SMS  and a 30 second HD Video Clip. It remains in HD Mode for 5 minutes after detecting motion uploading to the Cloud unless I ring in on my iPhone and then it streams video to the phone and cloud in HD until I deactivate it. Sound familiar PS Denno? They were sitting NIB in the front closet.

Knowing when they got in, instead of when they left would have had a nice RCSD Surprise waiting for them when they did get out... 

Bastards. Stole my dad's 4th birthday gift, a set of Senior Tinkertoys. Got Kodachrome Movies of him playing with them under the tree in 1938. I hope their spawn chokes on something and dies in their arms.

And yes, I mean that. I don't want their genes reproduced. I believe in Eugenics for property crimes. Solves addiction and is cheaper overall. Call me Adolph on his one.

As for someone who knew me....not to rule anything out, but that is HIGHLY unlikely. I don't have many friends, even fewer who have been to my house much less know where I live. Even those who are in the house rarely have a concept of what it contains. Even my shooting buddy watching the house was shocked when he saw the list from the gun locker. 

I believe it was someone casing for vacancy and betting the averages something inside was worth something. They did not take stereo gear, they too guns and tools. And they brought tools to get to them.

I wish I'd had the Liberty SafElert in the gun locker now. Only heard about it AFTER this happened. Having only THAT in place would have let me know someone had broken in as where the locker was positioned there was NO WAY to get there without breaking at least one window or external locked door, then another three internal reinforced locked doors. 

These people were pros and came prepared.

I don't hang with people like that...

Edited by Tony D