HybridZ

I got Robbed...

Tony D

Everybody knows of my Datsun Hoard online. But who wants old Datsun parts, and if they sell them...you think word won't get back eventually?

They took the generic scumbag pawn shop stuff. We are watching Craigslist, eBay, local Pawn Shops, etc....

I'm TDY in Singapore on a long term project that has been extended several times. 

Had things gone to original plan my return ticket was into LAX at around midnight the night of the robbery! I would have driven the rental right up to the yard while they were in the act.

Don't know your situation but if you are away for a time how about getting a house sitter in? They get free accomodation, you get security.

I actually have a guy that passes by to pick up my mail and forward it if I need it. 

He actually was in the house to get mail for me earlier that day. The neighbors thought it was him they saw initially, but no recognizable truck.

He works odd hours, so is usually around the house in the evening or very early morning. Since he stopped and checked on the house that night going into work, he didn't stop on the way home that evening...another lucky thing as he would have rolled up on them in-the-act and he usually rolls armed. He would have been busy digging holes and moving cars to explain why no grass was growing in a particular area had he rolled up on them then...

I'm TDY in Singapore on a long term project that has been extended several times. 

Had things gone to original plan my return ticket was into LAX at around midnight the night of the robbery! I would have driven the rental right up to the yard while they were in the act.

This is my preferred scenario for some gunfight action. Murrica :D

• 2 weeks later...

No guns, wouldn't want to attract attention. I can do what I want "three strikes you're out" style and have the holes filled before sunrise.

Don't get caught robbing a man with a Kubota L260 and 2.5 acres of barren dirt and old cars to push over your new grave to explain no weeds growing there...

Like I told the code enforcement guy: "I'll bury you and your county vehicle so deep even my dogs won't dig you up!"

I think it's time for me to watch "Legends of the Fall" again....

• 3 weeks later...

They are disturbingly quiet.

At the advice of my insurance agent, I'd changed the status of the house to a 'seasonal abode' meaning I was intending for it to be unoccupied for extended periods.

The adjuster wanted some 'proof' that I was indeed in the house when I last said i was, and that was a bizarre request IMO given I'd clearly given the company notice it was 'seasonally' occupied.

Facebook is as good as anything chronicling my time there.

It's one of those things I'll have to follow up on now that this job is over and I have some real time to gather my thoughts.

Along with the "Bunghole Boss" from 1999-2002 who pulled a theft by conversion number on my 401K plan and walked off with over $10,000... Uh, I'm not dealing with his excuses. I got a big packet in the  mail in response to my phone call.... I'm turning it all over to the SEC and let them flay and skin his corrupt ass!

• 4 weeks later...