Photo
- - - - -

replace fuel damper with other type or FD....

fuel damper

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 supernova_6969

supernova_6969

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:12 PM

Hi!

I recently discovered that my fuel damper is sweating gas....    

inline ones like the stock ones seem to cost at least 70$ (for a bosh that's like ours) and as much as 150$ for OEM ones.

I've seem some cheaper ones, but they weren't inline..  most are types that you screw right into the fuel rail.  

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to take one of the screw in types and added it to our system, with a t-junction along the location of the original damper...?

thanks

#2 Tony D

Tony D

Wiki D

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9956 posts
  • LocationReno NV & Lucena Quezon, Philippines

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:05 PM

Best you just put it on the rail, that's where the big pulsations come from...

And yes, JeffP tried it in multiple places and ended up on the rail as a matter of convenient inspection. (Plus he repiped under the car in 1/2" Stainless so.....)

Edited by Tony D, 19 September 2016 - 11:24 PM.

Misanthropic Anthroparion Class 5 Hoarder, aspiring to posthumous fame as my containers are cut open and the market floods with crap I've squirrelled away over the years! I endeavour to persevere...

#3 supernova_6969

supernova_6969

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

hi tony.

thanks for the info about the location.

however, does JeffP have a stock fuel rail?  cause I'm thinking the closest you can put a damper on that fuel rail is around where the fuel filter is.  what kind of damper did he end up using?

I'm not certain I get the "bed under the car in 1/2" stainless)...  but I get that having to go under the car is a drag...

#4 Tony D

Tony D

Wiki D

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9956 posts
  • LocationReno NV & Lucena Quezon, Philippines

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:25 PM

I corrected the autocorrect...Argh.

Misanthropic Anthroparion Class 5 Hoarder, aspiring to posthumous fame as my containers are cut open and the market floods with crap I've squirrelled away over the years! I endeavour to persevere...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users