Jump to content

replace fuel damper with other type or FD....

Recommended Posts



I recently discovered that my fuel damper is sweating gas....    


inline ones like the stock ones seem to cost at least 70$ (for a bosh that's like ours) and as much as 150$ for OEM ones.


I've seem some cheaper ones, but they weren't inline..  most are types that you screw right into the fuel rail.  


I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to take one of the screw in types and added it to our system, with a t-junction along the location of the original damper...?




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best you just put it on the rail, that's where the big pulsations come from...

And yes, JeffP tried it in multiple places and ended up on the rail as a matter of convenient inspection. (Plus he repiped under the car in 1/2" Stainless so.....)

Edited by Tony D

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi tony.


thanks for the info about the location.


however, does JeffP have a stock fuel rail?  cause I'm thinking the closest you can put a damper on that fuel rail is around where the fuel filter is.  what kind of damper did he end up using?


I'm not certain I get the "bed under the car in 1/2" stainless)...  but I get that having to go under the car is a drag...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now