HybridZ

Anyone know where to get rear/hatch pans for S130?

subhuman

I have an 82 coupe and the raised section above the gas tank is rotted out in the rear corners. I know you can get floor pans and rails but are there any options for the rear (hatch) pan, besides a good donor body or hand hammering all that stuff out? If any one is getting ready to send a car to the yard and has a solid rear pan the're willing to cut out and ship, please let me know. I threw a ISO over in wanted to buy, but figured I would drop a line here in the ZX forum. Thanks for the input.

Are you in a hurry to get this piece? I have an '80 ZX parts car, and this section *might* be usable. Are you looking for only the area you outlined in red?

Anyway, I need to get rid of this thing soon anyway, so I was gonna chop it up this fall, when it's cooler out. The body is really, really rough, but this part may still be good. I'll have to get a better look later.

Not in a huge hurry I have other stuff to do, but by the end of September would be nice rturbo. Right now just the "raised" area outlined in red, with about 2" of the surrounding floor with it. So, if you used the closest side of the rectangle subframe mount (top of the picture) as a guideline and ran that all the way around, that should be more than enough material for me to patch it in there. I would be interested in some floor pan and toe boards if you (or some one else) happen('s) to have an awesome set, but not a necessity, I can make those way easier than his rear stamped section. Let me know what *might* be usable, thanks.

I'll check it out later. Like I said, the body is really really rough. Floor boards? HA! Forget about it. Daily average temp is about 90 right now, and the interior smells strongly of mice, which isn't helped by the heat.

Like you I have other stuff to do, lots of stuff has been happening around here over the past year, and there's a lot of clean up to do now. Figure either late Sept, or late Oct. I can hopefully get to it. I'll be out of town for 10 days in early October, so that's out.

If you find something in the meantime, just let me know.

Oh man, don't say that Tony ha ha, apparently I was preoccupied with other matters, it seems I missed some good stuff when I started searching posts/for sale items. I didn't really get back into this car until recently, I was going to restore and sell it but decided to keep it after all this body work is done. Wish I still had all my parts cars. Thanks again rturbo, I will let you know if I source one before you get around to it.

• 2 months later...

Just an update, I did find the pan I needed. I sourced it up on ebay, I bought some manual window regulators for the ZX and asked the guy if he happened to have a pan, he said he was getting ready to cut an 82 up. Sent him a picture and he set me up. He goes by baddoor250 and his name is Russ I believe he is out of AZ, great communication I would recommend hitting him up if you need ZX parts.