HybridZ

Need help.

Hey everybody, I'm pretty new to the v8 swap.. My header get red hot when I turn on the engine for about 5 minute.. My timing is 8 degree before tdc. And the car sound good it just the header get hot red.. My piping is 2 inch all the way and I have a 370 z muffler ant the end.. What would have cause my header to become red.. Is it too small of a piping? Any suggestion and help would be appreciate.

^^^^^^ what LLAVE  said above.

Can you be more specific?

Do you notice any other issues such as back firing when you open the throttle?

You have to provide details about your build such as which engine, modifications to engine, how was the engine installed (MSA, JTR etc), which carb did you install, what type of headers were used etc

Usually red hot headers means that the timing is retarded and the fuel continues to burn as it enters the exhaust when the exhaust valve opens.  Check to make sure you have the right dampener on the front of the engine.  You might have to use a dial indicator through the number one spark plug hole to get the exact Top Dead Center (TDC).  When to piston is on TDC make sure the 0 degree mark on the dampener lines up with the pointer on the timing cover.