HybridZ

Rear z32 rear caliper bracket?

After all this time has any one made any custom brackets to mount stock z32 rear rotors and calipers on a s30 Z. Iam looking to mount a set i have from my old z32 so before i go start chopping up stuff and trying to come up with something is there any fabricator out there that has made any and has them for sale? with out goin the Techno toy tuning route. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I too have been in search of this, supposedly the Modern Motorsports rear 240sx brackets can work. Z32 brakes do bolt onto 240sx's front and rear so it could make sense in this case. The big caveat is that there will be no ebrake

Thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/83466-z32-brakes-on-s30/

Post, posted by member Hoov100: 
the z32 calipers come in aluminum or iron, 4 piston, 26mm pistons or 30mm pistons and 280mm rotors. and none are bolt on. also silvermine motors uses a caliper bracket for early 240sx calipers, which makes the mounting holes to narrow, MM uses the later 240sx calipers which would make the z32 rear calipers bolt on, but you wouldnt have a parking brake feature unless you installed a line lock or equivalent. 

and no, the only people i have seen with z32 brakes, installed z32 suspension as well.

(also there is a HUGE sticky on brakes as well as an entire section for it, that should have the answers with little searching) 

I too have been in search of this, supposedly the Modern Motorsports rear 240sx brackets can work. Z32 brakes do bolt onto 240sx's front and rear so it could make sense in this case. The big caveat is that there will be no ebrake

So are you saying that Z32 rear calipers will work with the MM 240SX rear brake setup? Like direct swap? The 240sx calipers are a pita to install and more importantly have limited brake pad options so am looking for other caliper options.

Edit: Nevermind it looks like the Z32 calipers have even few pad options

Edited by heavy85