I just got my car back from the dyno and I was a bit underwhelmed with the results - 156hp and 161ft/lb at the wheels (curves with AFR attached). The long block was assembled by a pretty reputable builder with the following specs:
Bored out L28 to 2.95L
F54 block with a N47 head
290° cam with 0.490" lift
Then I came along and messed something up with the following:
MSA 6-1 header into 2.5" exhaust
MSD 6AL-2 programmable ignition box triggered by a 280zx dizzy
Cannon intake manifold
160 air correction
F2 emulsion tube
The timing curve was initially dialed in by the tuner to eliminate knock with the 94 octane that I delivered the car with. The dizzy is locked out at 35°BTDC and the timing map they arrived at is attached. After the 1st round of results, I asked them to run some higher octane to get in all the timing that I thought was left on the table to control the knock. With 108 octane the car didn't pick up any power from advancing the curve that was developed with the 94. I found that a bit odd, but not sure how you argue with the data.
The dyno was an eddy brake Land and Sea Dynomite axle hub set up.
Let me know what your thought are on where I could look next, or if you think something is really bottlenecking the output. From all the searching I've done, it seems like all the hardware should support 200+whp, but we're not even close.