HybridZ

Fusible Link Upgrade Help

Hi everyone. I am looking for help with the fusible link upgrade. I keep looking for guidance but everything points to the atlanticz walk through. Unfortunately I get an error when trying to access the site, server not found type deal. Everything else I find isn't giving me clear answers. I have a 1976 280z and am replacing my fusible links with a mini ANL fuse block. I have stripped the harness back and have my 4awg live line ready to hook up. What I am looking for is what fuse amperage I need to replace the links. Any and all help will come much appreciated. Thank you!

Thank you for the link rama! Now if I understand this correctly, since I am converting to carbs, I should be able to drop the ignition efi link entirely right? I have no problem wiring it in either way, but less wires is better in my eyes.

You meant "incorrectly".  The EFI link isn't even in that fusible link block you're replacing.

The red link on the atlanticz page is rated too high for the one it's replacing.  The gauges are shown in the FSM.  Brown is lower gauge (lower current capability) than both green and black.

At least in my 1975 280z the efi (injection) +12V wire runs directly from battery postive with it's own fusible link in line with the wire.

The wires to the fusible "boxes" are 2x ignition wires, batt wire (from alternator) and head light wires. Others may correct if I am wrong.

Edited by Leskinen

So the ignition EFI link serves which system? If I have removed the EFI system, wouldn't that link have no purpose?

There's an ignition link.  And there's an EFI link.  There is no "ignition EFI" link.  The free downloads on nicoclub have diagrams.

The guys that put that site together did great work and provided a very valuable service for all of us.  But they made a few mistakes.  Probably thinking about the link colors when they were putting their labels on (EFI and IGN are both Green).  There are are actually clues if you look at everything in the picture.

Nissan built the cars.  Use their diagrams to be sure.

post-8864-0-91643400-1473102250_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can anyone who has done the conversion give me a brand name and website for a good two and four fuse blocks? I have a 260z that needs upgrading and down the line a 280z if needed. Leskinen where did you get your block?

Thanks,

JB

Hi JB

I got mine in a Finnish automotive store "motonet". It is just a maxi fuse box for audio use. I can check the brand when I get home.

Juho