HybridZ

1974 260z project.

On 9/02/16 I bought a 1974 260z. We picked it up in Tennessee and drove it back down here to Missouri. The odometer reads 68,311, but we honestly don't know the exact milage. Cosmetically the car will need quite a bit of work, it has several rust spots underneath the rear of the car, rust on the rocker panels, rust underneath the battery, and just some tiny holes here and there. The car has been painted black, but the original color was green. The paint isnt in good condition, and has some faded spots, but it isn't too bad, eventually I would like to get it painted a dark red. It has the original engine, with 240z carbs, and it runs pretty great! . The interior is in pretty amazing condition, the seats are not ripped or torn, the door panels are in great condition, and it has tons of original parts. So far we haven't done much to it other than replace the rear brakes,and order a new master cylinder and brakes lines, just still kinda evaluating it and seeing what we need to get started. My plans are to fix it up mechanically to where it's reliable, then I want to fix it up cosmetically and then over time upgrade it.

Edited by Soybertson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Starting to get some work done! So far we have replaced the master cylinder, all the brakes, and brake lines, and we are in the process of replacing the front struts. today I painted some various parts from underneath the front end, and started replacing the old bushings.