HybridZ

2+2 analog dash to 83 coupe

omarkenji

Hey guys!

Trying to replace my broken digital dash in my 83.. I found a part out of a 2+2 that has the 120mph analog dash and i'm hoping to go and purchase.

I know this topic has been beat to death already, but i've never done this swap before and have 2 main questions:

#1: Will the analog dash from the 2+2 work on my coupe?

#2: There is mention of a pigtail needed to have this plug right into my coupe, how much of the harness do I need to take from the donor? Any pics of this would also be extremely appreciated.

Thanks guys!

The gauge doesn't care about the two extra seats :)

The 120MPH gauge set is from a 1979 280ZX before the 85MPH law came into effect in September 1980 so it is possible some 1980 model years also has the 120MPH gauges in the USA.  Alternately the rest of the world wasn't subject to this silly law so all Canadian speedos have the full range.

You just need the analog pigtail located behind the dash to do the swap.  The pigtail plugs into the main body harness in the passenger footwell.

Copy that!

So if I disconnect in the footwell would I be able to just pull the pigtail out as one piece with the analog speedo? Or does the whole dash need to be removed?

The gauge doesn't care about the two extra seats :)

The 120MPH gauge set is from a 1979 280ZX before the 85MPH law came into effect in September 1980 so it is possible some 1980 model years also has the 120MPH gauges in the USA.  Alternately the rest of the world wasn't subject to this silly law so all Canadian speedos have the full range.

You just need the analog pigtail located behind the dash to do the swap.  The pigtail plugs into the main body harness in the passenger footwell.