HybridZ

Coilover help

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me out on what basic measurements can i start with my Mckinney 240z coilover kit with non welded camber plates. 

The shop that helped me weld the kit together took the top threaded part off separating it from the bottom hub assembly. Now i don't know where the original position is at now. 

Please if you do have the Mckinney kit can you give me the base measurements or at least what your measurements are currently at then i can adjust to my needs. 

Thanks ! 

The shop that helped me weld the kit together took the top threaded part off separating it from the bottom hub assembly. Now i don't know where the original position is at now. 

You mean they screwed the strut cartridge out of the adapter tubes?  That's standard procedure when you're welding the adapter tubes to the hubs...

There is not really an "original position" for a fully adjustable coilover set like McKinney's.  They're designed to give you inches of adjustment range from near stock to pretty low.  Start by screwing the strut cartridge in 2" on each corner and see how it sits.  When it's back on the ground roll it back and forth a bit to settle it a bit.

You'll almost undoubtedly want to re-adjust your ride height from there. And, after you've driven it for a few weeks or months, you may need to adjust your ride-height again.

thanks for the reply cgsheen. This is my first time having coilovers. When i started installing the coilovers into the strut tower i've noticed that the all thing started to swivel around. Is that natural even after tightening the three bolts on top of the strut tower ? 

Do you have any tips installing the steering knuckles under the struts ? i'm having a little trouble with it 

Thanks 

~1/2 of the threads is usually a good starting point. Given our suspension compresses at about 1:1 you can guesstimate how much it will compress based on the spring rate and where it sits at droop given the anti-droop nature of that style of coilover.

Pillow ball is basically a spherical bushing. Yes that is normal.

Take the tie rod off the knuckle, much easier to install those to the strut then line up the tie rod afterwards.