HybridZ

350z seats in 79 280zx

Sylvre

Alright guys after Exhaustive searching I have found lots of 350z seats in S30's and a few pictures but no write-ups of 350z seats in S130's. I cut the brackets off the 350z seats and welded cross braces on the sliders this allowed it to bolt to the stock slider rails nicely, however I can't get the seat to go back far enough back the rear of the seat mechanism hits the first step up in the body pan, has anyone put these seats in their 280zx? and if so did you modify the seat or the floor pan to clear? I can't just lift the seat higher to clear the step due to my height (6'3") and I don't want to cut into the floor pan without checking with more experienced Z pros first!

Thanks for any help you can give.

Edited by Sylvre

I have been fighting this fight for a long time. I too am 6' 1" tall and the leg room is kinda lacking in comparison to the earlier z chassis (s30) I had to find the smallest seat i could fit my big butt in and its all the way back against the step up in the seat floor where the rear sub frame bolts in. Im running the summit poly bucket with a nice cover right now but i ordered the scat (procar) fixed seat in black cloth and loved the fit in the car but not on my ribs. Im a bit wide framed but if your slender and have a smaller than 36 waist the scat seats are great for $140 and they fit the zx pan very well. good luck!!!