HybridZ

Techno Toy Tuning Tie Rod

What's up Hybrid family ! I was wondering if anyone of you guys tried Techno Toy Tuning Adjustable Tie Rod end in their 240z ? My Z will be a weekend warrior and a track car. I currently have a Mckinney coilover kit with non welding camber hats. T3 front control arms and TC rods. Im waiting to buy T3 NCR center adjusters. 

I tried doing some research on the T3 tie rod ends but didn't get much. Is it worth it ? 

I got the one for 280zx. Sturdy and well design product. Very happy with my purchase.

Not sure if it's worth it for daily driver, depends on how "spirited" your driving is I guess.

It does allows you to adjust caster (can you do this on 240z?), so that is good.

I used it in our race car.

Edited by turbogrill

What suspension set up are you guys running?

I'm trying to figure out a default setup to start with. My suspension is completely apart at this moment. I'm running Mckinney coilovers with bolt on camber hats. T3 front LCR, TC rods, NCRCA, Tie Rods, and MSA sways with 4 piston Wilwood brakes. Once i'm done putting them all together i'm going to take to Dando's in Fremont Ca. for an alignment. 

This is for a 280zx:

- BIG front swaybar (ST)

- Ghetto cut springs

- KYB Shocks

- T3 Tension rods

- MSA Front alignment kit (not very impressed)

- Poly bushings everywhere

- E46 M3 subframe bushings

- Racetep strut brace (awesome)

If I would do it again I would skip cut springs and MSA camber kits. Instead I would go for coil over kit and T3 control arms.

Yes - Techno Toy Tuning = T3 (TTT!)

Original question was about tie rod ends, but some comments seem about tension control rods and other bits.  Interested about the tie rod ends and ability to tune for bump steer on lowered cars.

What's up Hybrid family ! I was wondering if anyone of you guys tried Techno Toy Tuning Adjustable Tie Rod end in their 240z ? My Z will be a weekend warrior and a track car. I currently have a Mckinney coilover kit with non welding camber hats. T3 front control arms and TC rods. Im waiting to buy T3 NCR center adjusters. 

I tried doing some research on the T3 tie rod ends but didn't get much. Is it worth it ? 

I had to lower my steering rack to fit in the engine that I'm installing, without these- my bump steer was crazy, with the off set tie rods from TTT I have the bumpsteer down to couple of mm from normal driving height to fully bottomed out. Mine is an extreme case but all you are trying to do with the off set tie rods is make sure your lower control arms are parallel to the tie rods. And yes you do have to drill out the steering knuckle with the drill that comes with the tie rods.

post-28202-0-70860500-1475533037_thumb.jpg

Not parallel,

post-28202-0-47634000-1475533114_thumb.jpg

Parallel

post-28202-0-75196300-1475533127_thumb.jpg

This is a rough picture of what to expect from my front end. I didn't include my T3 tie rod ends and NCRCA. While i was trying to remove my stock tie rods I found out that i needed to replace my rack and pinion. Now i'm on hold till i can either find a used one or a refurbish one. Anyone know a place that i can purchase a refurbish one ? I know MSA is out of them.  

Would you guys know if the AZC steering knuckles would fit into an adjustable tie rod end ? I know Garagistic has a non drilled tie rod adjusters. I'm assuming that they will fit onto an AZC steering knuckle ? 

post-12854-0-47868000-1475618662_thumb.png

I made a set of adjustable tie rods for my 240Z. Mine still had the stock, left hand and right hand threaded outer steering rack tie rods. I got two 14mm X 1.5 (LH and RH) threaded tube ends and two 5/8-18 (LH and RH) tube ends and welded them up. I found that Moog #ES323R and ES323L for 1963 - 1982 Corvettes have the same dimensionally tapered ball stud as the Datsun has, so that's why I used them (they have 5/8-18 RH and LH male threaded shanks). It's worked fine for several years.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

post-116-0-70950400-1475879716_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

With the T3 tie rods, I believe you must drill out your steering knuckle (even your nice Nissan race/european quick ratio ones, dammit).  Just haven't heard any first person feedback on how they worked, sufficient threads for widened stances, etc.

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/240z/outer-tie-rods-datsun-240z-260z-and-280z

I ordered mine a little longer than stock so I could get some camber gain without running out of threads.

Actually, I couldn't find them either so I bought two 1/2-20 tube ends and drilled them out with a 1/2" drill because, conveniently, that's the tap size for a 14mm X 1.5 thread. Then I just threaded them for whatever inner tie rod threads you have (in my case, one was LH and one was RH. If you've had your LH inner tie rod replaced on your steering rack with a RH one, then you would need two LH thread Corvette outer tie rods and two RH 14mm X 1.5 tube ends).

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ.

• 1 month later...

I had to lower my steering rack to fit in the engine that I'm installing, without these- my bump steer was crazy, with the off set tie rods from TTT I have the bumpsteer down to couple of mm from normal driving height to fully bottomed out. Mine is an extreme case but all you are trying to do with the off set tie rods is make sure your lower control arms are parallel to the tie rods. And yes you do have to drill out the steering knuckle with the drill that comes with the tie rods.

attachicon.gifDSCN0510.JPG

Not parallel,

attachicon.gifDSCN0465.JPG

Parallel

attachicon.gifDSCN0514.JPG

I have a set of these waiting to be fitted and assumed that the machined spacers were fitted above and below the Heim/Rose joint, forming a continuation of the ball.

Mike,

Where did you find the M14 x 1.5 tube ends?  I looked for those a while back without much success.

I was planning to go the same route that you did with the Moog ES323 tie rod ends.

Search on ebay McGill Motorsport. 

http://stores.ebay.com/McGill-Motorsports/Metric-Sized-Accessories-/_i.html?_fsub=9594034014&_sid=222097034&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

BTW, I don't have any TTT parts. I'm using Allstar bump steer kit. I enlarged the Datsun knuckle arms to Pint taper.