#1 Mayolives

Mayolives

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:15 AM

I have always used Black 3 M Super Gasket Adhesive, for my weatherstrip installation jobs.  I'm ready to install most of the weatherstrips on my 78 and would like to know if anyone has found another product to use, successfully, other than the 3 M product.  The 3 M adhesive does work well but it's messy to work with.  In a perfect world, a clear type glue/epoxy that worked as well on weatherstrips as the 3 M product would be what I would like to use. Any recommendations?

Driving Fast...........
What does it take to make a fast car go faster?
Anyone with a strong right foot can do it. Most likely, in the instant before the car crashes, it will be going quite fast. There is more to driving than FAST. Getting around a course QUICKLY requires talent. It means pushing a car to its very limit—and sometimes beyond —while avoiding the crash, the spin, the bobble that nixes the entire effort. This is ART.(unknown author )

#2 Mayolives

Mayolives

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:59 AM

Bump....Any thoughts before I venture into the "black sticky" adhesive zone? I doubt that I'm the only member who is facing this, what will probably be, a messy job.

Driving Fast...........
What does it take to make a fast car go faster?
Anyone with a strong right foot can do it. Most likely, in the instant before the car crashes, it will be going quite fast. There is more to driving than FAST. Getting around a course QUICKLY requires talent. It means pushing a car to its very limit—and sometimes beyond —while avoiding the crash, the spin, the bobble that nixes the entire effort. This is ART.(unknown author )

#3 malibud

malibud

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationNEAR: Black Mountain, North Carolina

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:07 AM

for the doors I used kia sorento and no adhesive works 100% better than black dragons with adhesive  

#4 NewZed

NewZed

Clandestine Moderator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5379 posts
  • LocationWashington County, Oregon

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:14 AM

http://3mauto.com/pr...9jDZGLg5FMrA.97

#5 jt1

jt1

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

I have always used Black 3 M Super Gasket Adhesive, for my weatherstrip installation jobs.  I'm ready to install most of the weatherstrips on my 78 and would like to know if anyone has found another product to use, successfully, other than the 3 M product.  The 3 M adhesive does work well but it's messy to work with.  In a perfect world, a clear type glue/epoxy that worked as well on weatherstrips as the 3 M product would be what I would like to use. Any recommendations?

Who is this guy???

Isn't there a hurricane?????

• jhm likes this
"OK, we'll see what he's selling, then shoot him."
"Good plan."

#6 Chickenman

Chickenman

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

IC-2000 Glue by Bob Smith Industries is used by VW/Audi as a factory w/strip adhesive. It is readily available at many Hobby Shops and is a favorite for bonding Rubber to metal and wood.

http://www.bsi-inc.c...by/ic_2000.html

You can order it on Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.c...eywords=IC 2000

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weatherstrip, adhesive, molding installation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users