HybridZ

3 M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive

Mayolives

I have always used Black 3 M Super Gasket Adhesive, for my weatherstrip installation jobs.  I'm ready to install most of the weatherstrips on my 78 and would like to know if anyone has found another product to use, successfully, other than the 3 M product.  The 3 M adhesive does work well but it's messy to work with.  In a perfect world, a clear type glue/epoxy that worked as well on weatherstrips as the 3 M product would be what I would like to use. Any recommendations?

I have always used Black 3 M Super Gasket Adhesive, for my weatherstrip installation jobs.  I'm ready to install most of the weatherstrips on my 78 and would like to know if anyone has found another product to use, successfully, other than the 3 M product.  The 3 M adhesive does work well but it's messy to work with.  In a perfect world, a clear type glue/epoxy that worked as well on weatherstrips as the 3 M product would be what I would like to use. Any recommendations?

Who is this guy???

Isn't there a hurricane?????

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IC-2000 Glue by Bob Smith Industries is used by VW/Audi as a factory w/strip adhesive. It is readily available at many Hobby Shops and is a favorite for bonding Rubber to metal and wood.

http://www.bsi-inc.com/hobby/ic_2000.html

You can order it on Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Smith-Industries-BSI-118-IC-2000/dp/B0188IHONQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1476930715&sr=8-3&keywords=IC+2000