#41 G-Tech

G-Tech

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationrochester ny

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:45 AM

thank you but not really what this thread is for...tryin to help with info for 280zx (s130) Ls swaps. a 280z is a different animal..thank you for the thought though.

#42 Tenano

Tenano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

I'm in progress of an ls1 & t56 on my 79" 280zx what mounts can I use for motor and tranny any pictures?

#43 G-Tech

G-Tech

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationrochester ny

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:16 PM

i used jtr small block chevy mount kit and Ls to sbc adapter plates. i did some modifications to them that i talked about on the previous page of this thread, pictures too. subhuman had another idea that probably worked that he also talked about. there is nothing that will just straight up bolt in. for the tranny cross member i also used jtr for a 5-speed trans.and had to make an extension plate for the extra length of the t-56. good luck, and dont rush it. there is alot of lil obstacles you will just have to be creative with. let me know when you get stuck on the next thing.  

#44 subhuman

subhuman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMontana/Tejas

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

Say G-Tech, I have been eye balling the Dirty dingo motor mounts lately for the S30's I don't see why they wouldn't work in our s130's with a little modification as well. not 100% sure how much you can slide them forward though, but it's a thought.  Hooker makes adapter plates as well, I don't know how far they move things forward either though.

http://www.dirtyding...roducts_id=1430

http://www.jegs.com/.../12611/10002/-1

Couple different options for modifications.

Art mimics life

#45 G-Tech

G-Tech

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationrochester ny

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:43 PM

They look like they would work. I thought what I did with the SBC mounts and the LS adapter plates made perfect sense in theory but it didnt. It worked but took more work than I thought it would...I said before I like dirty dingo stuff. I bet those would work well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users