HybridZ

Engine to Transmission Plate

Tebirkesueth

Hello all,

I tried searching in the forum for this but I couldn't find too much (perhaps I don't know the correct name for the item). After separating my L28 from the transmission I found out that the separator plate is cut in half exposing the flywheel and throw out bearing to dirt and grime from the road. 

post-53082-0-93664800-1476470867_thumb.jpg

Is this the standard look? I cannot imagine that it is supposed to be like this.. I started looking to source a new one but I'm struggling to find this item. I have find some pictures of old ones (but not many) and only one new listing of a NOS plate at 125 USD...

http://jdm-car-parts.com/collections/engine-parts-nissan-datsun-fairlady-z-240z-260z-280z-280zx/products/engine-plate-for-l-engine-with-manual-transmission

Are these rare since people just fabricate their own or am I just too bad at searching? ^^ 

Thanks!

Erik

That's the top of the two-piece plate used with an automatic transmission.  The manual transmission plates are one piece, like in your JDM link.  You should be able to find a used one pretty easily.  All of the manual transmission engines came with one.

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/engine-280z/cylinder-block

Wild thought, use the part number and see what your local Nissan Dealer (or Courtesy Parts in Texas...) wants for a new one from Nissan.
Regional pricing in the USA makes  parts cheaper than  in Japan sometimes...sometimes surprisingly so.