HybridZ

Running shorter front tires

Hello all

i would like to get some advice on running shorter front tires on the Z chassis.

im looking to run 245/35/18 Front and 275/35/18 Rear.

which works out to be 24.75" front and 25.58" rear (3.3% difference in height)

What would be the effect/ problem of running these tire size? or should i get 245/40/18 which is same height front and rear.

what i have find so far for running shorter front tire are faster reaction time, less understeer, etc. but nothing specific to our car.

Thanks for the help

As has been mentioned the only effect will be reducing grip in the front due to the more narrow tires.  The height of the front tires will have basically no impact at all since the car isn't AWD and there aren't any modern electronics like ABS/TPMS/etc.  

All of this assumes that you are a perfect driver, driving perfectly and operating at the limits of your car's capabilities.

Which im no where near in term of skill haha 

Following up to the understeer issue, wouldn't the understeer effect of running narrower tires be balance out by the front tire being shorter than rear?

Thanks

A Z handles best with equal tire size (height, width, weight) front and back.  Any change from that is for looks, or is because you need to run whatever tires fit your car or budget.  I run smaller tires on the front because I like how it looks.  Name it and claim it.

That what i had figured reading different topics on this forum.

Yes a bit of both. I do love the staggered look. And i got a set of wheels from a friend (9" and 11") that i plan on running with the Z. the tire size mentioned are already on the wheels with plenty of meat left.

My concern is that i don't want to sacrifice too much handling for look/budget. But from the response so far from you and others, i should be fine since the car will likely be a weekend/ fair weather toy.

Even if it became a occasional track car, then the understeer could still be corrected by other measures.