Finally back fellas. Sorry it took me so long, the driveshaft was so much more of a hassle than I thought.
Quick pic of my buddies shop here in Vegas.
The red one on the far left is a complete restore 240z of a customer of his, he wants to sell it for $22k
The Black one is his another 240z with the L28 N/A motor. He moved pretty quick with it, When i first seen this car a few months back it wasn't painted and not moving.
The middle one is the best looking....but I may be a bit bias lol
This black one is a 260z he is selling for a customer, to pay for the white one. This white one is a L28et. Pretty cool pic, figured I would snap a quick pic for you guys.
Heres the driveshaft when It were out of the car. Sorry guys but the pic I took of the driveshaft assembled is kinda crappy looking
I think it came out really nice, and worth the wait. Can't wait until I see how it is in action.
Anyways on to the Update. Can't believe I hadn't touched this car in literally 2 months.
On to the Goods, I've had this car maybe 24 hours and I've literally touched everywhere it feels lol.
Im sure I've said before that I've been accumulating parts as its been in the shop.
First thing I started was the Downpipe/Tomei turbo elbow. I bought a box of stainless steel misc. Mandrel bends and used two 90 degree bends. As I said earlier on this thread Its in kinda weird position on the exhaust side. Its a little tight.
I taped my pipes together first and assembled the downpipe/elbow as if it were in the car. This took me a couple of tries cutting in 1/2" to 1" increments. This took me almost all day lol.
I wrapped the downpipe as well since I have my clutch line so close to that area. Also my air intake is in this same area, or will be, so I want to reduce some heat.
Its a little low. so I might trim this when I get to the exhaust portion, we will see It looks really low since im in the driveway and there is an incline, but its about 3 inches off the ground. My car is also Low so Im a bit afraid this might be a issue later.
Next I moved to bleeding the clutch
Im at a standstill on this one, I have tried many different ways trying to bleed this clutch, I've tried multiple ways on going about bleeding it. But it doesn't want to hold pressure. I first had my set up like this;
Clutch master 87' Landrover > Oem hard clutch line > Custom fitting > -3an Steel braided clutch line (This had a lot more slack than i wanted) > Clutch slave.
After thinking about distance in a power consumption point of view. I.E thinking that too much distance was between my master cylinder and slave, and maybe it would take forever to bleed I ditched this and went this route.
Clutch master 87' Landrover > Banjo 10mm fitting to -3 an fitting > -3an Steel braided clutch line (this distance is perfect, should've done this in the first place) > Clutch slave.
I was sure this would work. or atleast be easier to suss out the issues. Nothing. Im currently getting fluid from the master to the line to the slave, but im not getting any pressure. And of course there is no bleeder valve.
I thought maybe I assembled the clutch incorrectly, but after putting the car in gear and not being able to move the Z makes me feel its assembled correctly. So I've put this on the back burner. Im going to hit the Saturn Sky forums and check what other people did. My worst fear is
1. the slave is faulty
2. i assembled the Slave Incorrectly.
I.E having to pull the motor out to get to the interior of the tranny. Or taking the transmission off to get to the interior. It might be the Master.
Anyways. Next thing I was able to tackle before the end of my day was the Throttle cable. FB3S Rx7 part.
It was pretty straight forward. The time most spent was getting a firm enough grip on the line to give it enough tension to actually work. It works well.
So thats about where I am at the moment. My list got a little bit longer lol. Tomorrow I hope I find out the issue of bleeding that clutch. Ill choose from one of the things on the list tomorrow.
-IC piping Make Brackets
-Bleed Clutch (Sad Face)
-Fuel Feed + Return lines
-New turbo drain feed.
I've also added redoing the dash and Gauges which I don't have a Gaff Tape tab for lol
Edited by joa_taste, 02 February 2017 - 11:11 PM.