HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
Geno750

1.2JZ into a 280Z build.

47 minutes ago, seattlejester said:

Congrats on getting it in the bay.

I definitely did not like the shift, you can work a little bit of it out with swapping plates and inverting them, but it is still really apparent.

Does your turbo by chance use the 4 inch inlet?

Yeah it's the 4" inlet version. In thinking if I redrill the hole for the driver's side mount I can take care of a little of the lean.

I had to add some washers to the passenger to "push" the engine a bit over to the driver side in addition to lowering the driver side. Just a word of preperation, drilling through that thick of stainless was real bad. I burned out a bit and another one I took it extra slow and only made a 2mm dent.

Would you like a 45 degree elbow and some 4 inch clamps? I bought it for my BW turbo only to find they downsized the SX-E model by 1/2 an inch and the shipping back would have killed the price of the refund.

On 11/27/2017 at 1:24 PM, seattlejester said:

I had to add some washers to the passenger to "push" the engine a bit over to the driver side in addition to lowering the driver side. Just a word of preperation, drilling through that thick of stainless was real bad. I burned out a bit and another one I took it extra slow and only made a 2mm dent.

Would you like a 45 degree elbow and some 4 inch clamps? I bought it for my BW turbo only to find they downsized the SX-E model by 1/2 an inch and the shipping back would have killed the price of the refund.

I ordered clamps and an inlet coupler when I bought the turbo, but if I somehow break them I'll shoot you a message. I'm not looking forward to drilling this stainless crap, but I've got a friend with access to tungsten carbide bits and a press so hopefully they work. Going to be cutting the transmission mounting ears off the unibody next then shove the trans up and see what I'll need to make for a mount. Should be a fun weekend.

Well radiator stuff is done. Converted everything to -24AN after getting a free set of BMRS radiator hoses from a NASCAR team. -24 bungs are pretty cheap ($15ish each), -24 fittings, not so much.

bq3F6xG.jpg

Going to finish my engine mount modification and fuel system next.

So round two started this weekend. I wanted to see how much of the trans mount ears would need to be trimmed off the car. The simple answer is all of it. The TR6060 is a lot larger in that area. For anyone wondering about firewall clearance, there's tons of space.

e7u0BFg.jpg

Probably floor mounts, the TR6060 has provisions for the trans mount pretty far back, pretty much right under the opening for the shifter.

Here's an older pic with the Ford bellhousing (it's shorter now by about 1.25"). You can see the mount provisions next to the shifter.

6w2kr0c.jpg