HybridZ

R190 NLA BEARING

Rob L

Hey guys , i just got my hands on 2 r190 old school nissan racing diffs.

I have read all the info on it and know which bearing is impossible to get .

Apparently its NTN 323/28c

In this thread it says its also nissan part # 09022-0010p

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/16007-racecar-replica/?page=3

Now i got my hands on the bearing NTN 323/28c..but it came in a nissan box with nissan part # 38140-A0100.

I got a lead on 3 more of these just want to make sure the part numbers match ...it could very well be that it just came in the wrong box ....just want to make sure .

Diffs are in working condition so dont really want to take them apart but will if i have too.

heres what i got

image_zpsrlj6kh8s.png

image_zpshyf68k1y.jpeg

thanks for any help

Have you looked up the dimensions in the NTN 323/28C bearing number? I would start there and measure what you have, if the measurements match it's probably good to go. That 323/28c should cross to an industry standard bearing design unless it is a Nissan specific fitment.

Looking at just the 323/28C there seems to be quite a few options out there for the bearing. NSK, FAG and SKF all popped up with options when I googled it. Hope that helps!

I wonder why it was mentioned as being NLA in 10 year old threads ... Maybe they decided to remake it ...who knows but I ordered apparently the last 4 in the US from a reliable source made by an Italian company RIV bearings .

I haven't received them yet , but apparently all measurements have matched up .

Ok its confirmed ...this bearing is NLA only from nissan ...other companies have made it and there still floating out there...maybe not many left since i bought out all of the ones i found LOL.

All specs match up perfectly . So now owning a r190 is not that bad because i have sourced all replacement bearings and seals and gaskets ..... now if i need a ring gear or pinion ...i might be SOL. Haha.

• 7 months later...

Ok its confirmed ...this bearing is NLA only from nissan ...other companies have made it and there still floating out there...maybe not many left since i bought out all of the ones i found LOL.

All specs match up perfectly . So now owning a r190 is not that bad because i have sourced all replacement bearings and seals and gaskets ..... now if i need a ring gear or pinion ...i might be SOL. Haha.

Hi Rob L, I am Kats from Japan. I am new here and this is my

first post on hybridz.

I have 240Z and Z432. I am looking for the bearing

38140-A0100 for the rear diff of my car.

If the bearing is correct as the part number which is shown on the box,

and if you still have it , is there any chance that you would sell it to me.

Please let me know.

Best regards,

Kats