HybridZ

L28 Build

beeto

Hi all,

Im fairly new when it comes to engine work so wanted to get some opinions.

I am building a L28 street 240z. I have a F54 Block, P90a Head with 3x40dcoe.

I am looking at a rebuild in the very neer future and wondering what i should defiantly replace, and what still would have life in it.

I am looking at a faily stock(ish) build, but a setup that wont restrict the webers at all so a cam that would suit. I was thinking a MSA stage 2 cam?

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Im from NZ so parts will be comi g from the US most likely.

Cheers,

Jason

post-52056-0-70523500-1478945375_thumb.jpg

post-52056-0-21134900-1478945440_thumb.jpg

I thought I read somewhere that a high lift cam doesn't work well with the p90a head due to the hydraulic lifters?.?. Other than that I think the stage 2 cam is probably a good idea.

Probably put some fresh timing components on it. Or get one of the Kameari adjustable tensioning gears ($$$) and adjustable cam gear.

While you are at it, I recommend you do some porting on the head & intake. While I didn't do any on my shaved P90 head, the general concinsous here, based on what I have read in many posts, is that porting/polishing can unlock some hidden ponies. I'll get that done next time.

Is your head shaved? I think the compression ratio may be a little low for NA performance if not. Consider the octane rating available to you down there before shaving it. I have to run 93 octane or I get some pinging.

Edited by Samurai7one