HybridZ

Anyone use the Aeromotive Phantom Stealth Fuel system in the stock S30 fuel tank?

Filluptieu

So I did some searching and didn't see anyone talking about this.

It seems like a great alternative from a fuel cell, sump, and surge tanks.

I am battling with if I should recondition the stock fuel tank and adding a surge but would like to not have any additional lines or tanks other then the stock fuel tank OR recondition the stock tank and add the Phantom Stealth Fuel system.

Has anyone tried this? Seems like a great solution

For the longest time I had been considering going with a fuel cell, but decided against it after researching that product and am planning on using it with a reconditioned stock tank when I get to that part of the build. We only have crappy 91 octane for our premium gas here in California and a reasonable amount of E85 stations so my plans are to tune the Haltech for both and use a sensor. E85 is over a dollar cheaper than 91 octane and if I'm not mistaken = 105 octane. As far as the Holley Hydromat goes they said their 450lph kit supports up to 875 hp EFI at the crank and ?? on E85.

The Aeromotive Phantom flex 450lph supports 800 hp EFI at the crank and 550 hp on E85.

It was suggested  by Aeromotive  to run dual 340 lph pumps to achieve my 500 whp + goals and would accommodate 900 hp+ on E85.

A short discussion was started briefly discussing this found here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/126202-fuel-starvation-after-heavy-cornering-on-track/?hl=phantom&do=findComment&comment=1179660

So the tank I would use is the stock tank for the S30 however cut a hole and connect/attach the universal fuel pump assembly. 

My biggest questions and fear since not seeing anyone on here about it is if the Phantom system fits our tank properly. I am assuming its going to be on the driver side of the tank and you would have to cut a hole for visibility of the lines.

So the tank I would use is the stock tank for the S30 however cut a hole and connect/attach the universal fuel pump assembly. 

My biggest questions and fear since not seeing anyone on here about it is if the Phantom system fits our tank properly. I am assuming its going to be on the driver side of the tank and you would have to cut a hole for visibility of the lines.

check his Facebook album: https://www.facebook.com/pg/hokeperformance/photos/?tab=album&album_id=855705011215074

Akira, thanks for the add however I have a 77 280z and my tank is slightly different.

I have attached a picture below to show where I think the phantom unit should go. This picture doesnt clearly show the side I want to add the fuel assembly too so does anyone know if the bottom (where the red arrow is) is clear and a good place to add the fuel pump?

post-53728-0-82085600-1479328838_thumb.png

• 5 months later...