HybridZ

Shoulder belt mounting points

Can't find 'em.

I picked up my '78 with no interior. No seat belts except for one shoulder belt that wasn't installed. Upon closer inspection, I couldn't find where the shoulder belt would bolt into the chassis. So I figured I was just blind and went and found a shoulder belt from another 280z. I made note of where they were bolted and returned home, only to find those points were not in my car. Not only are the points not there, even the trim on the passenger side doesn't show any sign of a shoulder belt bolting to it. Were there certain versions of the 280z that didn't come with a shoulder belt? Thanks in advance.

post-53647-0-56947200-1479323817_thumb.jpg

post-53647-0-34947300-1479323818_thumb.jpg

If I recall correctly they changed the seat belts in '75 or '76 so yes the 280Z could have two different shoulder belts.

I think my 1977 280Z has the same mounting as yours, my shoulder belt assembly (with the retracting wheel thing) bolts to the strut tower, in the second picture you can see three bolt holes, it bolts up there.

If I recall correctly they changed the seat belts in '75 or '76 so yes the 280Z could have two different shoulder belts.

I think my 1977 280Z has the same mounting as yours, my shoulder belt assembly (with the retracting wheel thing) bolts to the strut tower, in the second picture you can see three bolt holes, it bolts up there.

Oh! Well, that solved that mystery. Thanks KevvinG.