HybridZ

California/LA people - Do you know Erik Bernstein/this car?

rnye

Good evening HybridZ.  Last year I bought a stroker race car from Erik Bernstein in Los Angeles, CA.  I flew out from TX and made the deal, and got to know him and his wife Jenny.  Unfortunately Erik passed away this summer when in a motorcycle accident when a car came into his lane head on.  I stayed in touch with him, but never got a full rundown of mods or who built the motor.  I'm sure we discussed it, but I was in the process of moving at the time and it was on the back burner. I have begun to tear down for a refresh (chassis only, engine has 26 hours on it) and I'm hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction as to who built the engine.

Heres what I know:  The obvious stuff, CCWs, AZC? suspension, Wilwodds, etc.  Based on our past conversations and digging through here, it's a 3.1L stroker, tripple weber 48 carbs running electramotive. 

Basically I'm looking to see if anyone is familiar with the engine builder so I can get specs. Thanks in advance!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I didn't recognize the name, but when texis30O mentioned the black car, I think I know who he's talking about. Sorry to hear about his passing.

Take some shots of the underside and we can ID the suspension for you.

FWIW I was just reading something about the TWM airbox and the pop rivets working loose through vibration and going into the motor. Seems like a little dab of epoxy and a little piece of FG mat would solve that problem.

• Like 1

That is the old chromoly AZC suspension. Nice Nissan Comp oil pan too. Those are pricey.

The link behind the diff has been modified to fit the finned cover, and it doesn't look like it was done very well. Could be that it has an LSD, could be someone just put the cover on. Several people have made them and sold them here. I think Savage42 had a run of them at one point. Might look into it if it's a concern for you.