HybridZ

Anyone purchase this seats?

chiefmd

Yep, those Cobra GT3 seats look damn good. How heavy are they? Looks like they're made from steel tubing, so I'm guessing not that light.

They remind me a bit of these - http://www.classiccarseats.com/ - although these are made of (I believe) either FG or CF, and the price reflects that at over $1000 per seat. But if you want high quality, lightweight, period correct seats, I'd say that's your best bet. The GT3 seats look like a great option for less money though.

Edited by rturbo 930

The GT3 I believe were lighter than the stock seats but I cant remember exactly. The shipping to Canada was nuts, roughly $500.00 Canadian, cant remember if that was with duty or not. They come with or without the headrests and can be made with leather and other options. Maybe I will make a new thread so I don't mess this one up on the OP.

The seats the OP was inquiring about look real close.

I only use a lap belt. Shouldn't be an issue with a lap and shoulder belt. They will install cutout holes in the sides if wanted but I think they work fine without.

These seats work great for the street but the lack of thigh support wouldn't work well on the track. They have other models with better thigh support but these are easy to get in and out of for street use.

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to the original post, I have personally seen and sat in the seats. If you are a bid guy, 36 waist and up, do not bother with these seats as you will not fit them. When you first look at them they actually look good, but take a closer look and you have some issues. The biggest issue I had was that the foam on the seats were very thin, compressed very easily and did not really hold for. It seemed dangerous how thin the foam was. In little air grommets are all over the seat and are very very thin. There is no real guide for the headrest, you just sit them in place and hope they do not move around too much. The seat itself almost seems paper thin. i would highly suggest you avoid them. 

in regards to the Cobra GT3 seats, they are great seats, but anyone above a 36" waste will have a hard time. Those of you in the United States, specifically Southern California, check out Sube Sports in Huntington Beach. They offer and ship these seats and have a lot of different types in their showroom  you can check out. They are mainly a supplier for race teams but have excellent customer service for retail.

Saw these on ebay and just wanted to know if anyone has installed these in their Z.

I have a brand new pair that just arrived yesterday. I pulled one from the box and sat in it. I'm 215lbs x 6' and I'm sorry to say, my wide azz won't fit at the hips...  :cuss:

Other than that, I'd use them. They are up for grabs if you are thinner than me. If I were still a 34" waist, I'd keep them...

post-181-0-27294000-1481779830_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-64490900-1481779812_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-07608100-1481779797_thumb.jpg

These are whats in my car now.

post-181-0-51595100-1481779369_thumb.jpg

I have a brand new pair that just arrived yesterday. I pulled one from the box and sat in it. I'm 215lbs x 6' and I'm sorry to say, my wide azz won't fit at the hips... :cuss:

Other than that, I'd use them. They are up for grabs if you are thinner than me. If I were still a 34" waist, I'd keep them...

20161212_153947.jpg

20161212_153848.jpg

20161212_154650_004.jpg

These are whats in my car now.

rb26powered74zcar seats.JPG

Damn, I have been looking at buying these but I'm 6'3" and 235 so I think I'd be in the same predicament.