HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
260DET

Mt Panorama, Bathurst, 24-25 Nov 16

First time for a lot us Z drivers at this daunting and very fast circuit, the budget V8 engined 280ZX stood out. Videos do not show the extent of the rise and fall here, basically you climb to the top of the mountain, run along the top and then dive down.

Yeh, this is all about if you have been there then you will understand, videos just not do it justice. Driver was scared shitless but still want's to improve, I salute him. If anyone here want's to participate in 2017 then I can hook you up, I don't care where you come from Bathurst will challenge you and you won't regret that.

This is what happens to S30's who think that they can out run the mighty LS3, heh.

Any pics of the spoiler?

Front or back? I was getting front end lift because it's impossible with the present setup to get the car low enough and to adjust in some rake.

OK for all those rich Americans here this event is on again this year so we invite you to join us at the best circuit and event you will ever experience. Seriously, there will be over 30 S30's doing the Regularity which basically is what you make of it, most of us just go as fast as we can within a lap speed restriction that we can't reach anyway. Alternatively there are the Sprints which is like a continuous time attack where the fastest lap car wins, no restrictions but you will be up against some pretty fast pro or semi race cars and drivers.

C'mon, get out of the comfort zone, expand your horizons, try something different because you won't regret it. If you can keep off the walls, maybe.

Walls are no problem really, it's just part of a very intimidating circuit that takes some determination to start doing good laps.

On going overseas, I heard from a good source of a bloke who used to race a Corvette here. He decided to do some US west coast race series so he packed up everything and did the season. I bet that he never regrets doing that, ever.

Up the top of the mountain Tony is good, among the hoons. Thing to note is take cans not bottles, 'glassing' someone with a can causes fewer problems.

Am taking the 280ZX again and not trying to do a rush finish of the dedicated race Z31 project to take it. Aero fix is in progress, front end lift over rises in the track caused sudden deviation at 200+ kph which was not fun, not quite Mark Webber in the Merc but still.