HybridZ

quick windage tray question

Will the stock lm7 windage tray work with the ls1 pan? I'd guess not since everyone swaps them over together, but if it will actually work it'd be a nice way to cut down on time and some money spent.

I know you can make the old dip stick work with the new pan, and that's just leave a pick up tube to buy. probably less then 200$ for the whole set up, including new pan.

I typed in "5.3 windage tray on ls1" on google and look at the images tab. Their are 10 bolts that hold it on. Cutoff 20% of the front of the pan. This will be right in front of the second set of bolt holes (leave 8 bolt holes left to attach it to the engine).

http://forums.hybridz.org/gallery/image/28961-random-toolscustom-partsmcwindage-tray-mods/

Edited by EastTnZ

Oh and just an FYI for people, rock auto has ls1 pans for 160$ it's a doorman part but it's still the 5.5" 5qt pan for the 5.7l. under 2000 camaro.

for anyone who may have been looking for 1. A new pick up tube and gasket with cut down windage tray total was like 220$. a lot cheaper then the 300$+ for the kits i've seen

I just got it in. at work away from home till tuesday. i'll post a pic of it on here when i get home.

If you wanted to just make the old pickup tube work instead of buying 1. it'd be a really good deal. it was easier to just buy mine though. 260$ for the whole kit is a good deal. did you buy that from a company on ebay?