HybridZ

Wtb: 280z front differential crossmember

superduner

Hey guys threw in the clsd r200 differential on my 70 240z and seems ill be needing this 280z crossmember that curves and sits further back allowing the diff mount to sit flush accordingly. Also if you have a spare differential mount in gold shape to par with let me know!

Thanks

Sure you didn't mean #25 instead of 26?  

And the 240Z and 280Z crossmembers look the same in the FSM drawings.  All bolt holes are on the same line.  If you're trying to use the R180 rubber with an R200 that might be your issue.  I think that the early rubber, or the R180 rubber, might be different.  Can't remember which, on the R200 swaps.

ZH I too thought superduner was looking for #25 but he indicated #26

I have one from an early 260 which looks beefier than my early 240 piece. There are some superseded numbers there too. It should be a 55411-N3101 (08/73 on)

The new number listed is 55411-N4700 which says from 01/77 on 

I have the mount 55415-E8301 which the manual now says it supersedes to a 55415-N4200 but is compatible. 

I don't have an R200 to compare it to. 

Sure you didn't mean #25 instead of 26?

And the 240Z and 280Z crossmembers look the same in the FSM drawings. All bolt holes are on the same line. If you're trying to use the R180 rubber with an R200 that might be your issue. I think that the early rubber, or the R180 rubber, might be different. Can't remember which, on the R200 swaps.

Yeah man the 260z 280z crossmember are bigger and thicker and allow for a bigger exhaust pipe. Which I'll need for the 3" turbo piping. Part #25 I'll have to cut off and relocate a little higher to clear the r200 87 Finned CLSD cover. The issue I'm having is alignment of the front diff runner mount to the crossmember. The r200 is sitting too far back I'm not sure if the mustache r200 Bar I have needa to be rotated so the diff sits more to the front. Seems like that's what I'm going to have to do. And if so, the cv's might not be running perpendicular to the hubs... Looked for pictures as to how the r200 mustache Bar gets bolted on and everywhere I see the bars face toward the back so I think I got that right. So I'm trying to figure out how the diff is going to be billed on the front

You definitely need a 280Z R200 mustache bar if you had an R180 in there.  Especially if you have an early 240Z with the diff offset forward  

Burleigh sells a curved "dog bone" (part #25) to clear the fins for the CLSD diffs.  You shouldn't need to change #26.  You might be getting misdirected.  Swapping an R200 in to a 240Z is pretty well figured out, and the fins just add an extra problem.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/97134-steel-brace-for-clsd-r200-finned-cover-use-in-s30-zcar/page-3?hl=burleigh&do=findComment&comment=914568

You definitely need a 280Z R200 mustache bar if you had an R180 in there. Especially if you have an early 240Z with the diff offset forward

Burleigh sells a curved "dog bone" (part #25) to clear the fins for the CLSD diffs. You shouldn't need to change #26. You might be getting misdirected. Swapping an R200 in to a 240Z is pretty well figured out, and the fins just add an extra problem.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/97134-steel-brace-for-clsd-r200-finned-cover-use-in-s30-zcar/page-3?hl=burleigh&do=findComment&comment=914568

Yezir already got the r200 mustache Bar hanging the diff already. The alignment of the front end of the diff that sits on the crossmember is what I feel "looks" like it's sitting to car back. As if I had to 180 the mustache Bar and rebolt it as to move the diff an inch or so more Forward. But I don't have a diff mount bolted up so I could be wrong and that's how it's supposed to be

post-2009-0-20374000-1481437164_thumb.jpg

post-2009-0-14314400-1481437280_thumb.jpg