HybridZ

TPS for aftermarket throttle body

Kclank

Hi guys and gals.  I am installing an RB25DET in a S30 body.  It has the Isis style intake manifold and a generic 80 mm aftermarket throttle body.  I will be using a SDS ECU  (no MAF).  As such I am looking for ideas for a TPS sensor.  Any ideas suggestions, guidance?

You may have to do an online search and see what people are using for that aftermarket throttle body.

Or go the old school route and take a trip to your local pull a part Junkyard, so you can try to match a sensor up. Bring some tools so you can remove the sensors from those throttle bodies. Then check for a matching Throttle shaft and mounting holes. Buy a new one if you find a match..

I think most of the "ebay" custom throttle bodies utilize the early Q45 style TPS. Unfortunately, those are pretty expensive ($150) and i believe mine is malfunctioning. I would be interested if anyone has found another source for these.

What parts can fail?.  Electronic component, mechanical failure, short circuit?    I am poorly educated on this subject and need to research much more.

Not sure to be perfectly honest, most likely user error. I am using a wolf v500 and while i have double/tripple checked the wiring, and i am still not seeing the response in the ecu as i would have expected. I.e. open throttle 100%, and ecu reads 75%, close throttle and ecu reads 10%. The ecu has a self learning feature to define the transfer function but i haven't had luck using that to fix the problem. 

• 3 weeks later...