#1 280znewbie

280znewbie

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBedford PA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:00 AM

Currently redoing my l28et intake and exhaust manifolds.  Does anyone know how hot the exhaust manifold and turbo get on a completely stock setup?  Im going to be painting the intake with 550 degree paint, is this high enough?  Was planning on painting the exhaust with 1400 degree paint and possibly wrapping.  is this a concern?  Will the manifold with wrap get above 1400 degrees.  also any thoughts on a turbo blanket causing extra wear on the stock turbo?  Really dont want to send the manifold out to get professionally coated, cant afford to.  Has anyone made a custom heat shield to go between the exhaust and intake?

z cars are the passion and the driving force of us all

'76 280z 2+2 l28et on factory computer.  sunset pearl paint, original interior, factory 4 speed, fun weekend cruiser and nationally awarded show car

'74 260z coupe.  factory l26 and 4 speed, swapped to 240z carbs, roll bar, ready for flares, coilovers, and sway bars, future autocross car

'70 521 mini truck, original 250k miles, l16 and 4 speed, shop truck

#2 Tony D

Tony D

Wiki D

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9979 posts
  • LocationReno NV & Lucena Quezon, Philippines

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:06 PM

Don't wrap, blanket.
Surface temps can be red hot. To brilliant yello-white hot... Anything short of ceramic coating will likely just burn off if you boost for extended periods.
Misanthropic Anthroparion Class 5 Hoarder, aspiring to posthumous fame as my containers are cut open and the market floods with crap I've squirrelled away over the years! I endeavour to persevere...

#3 280znewbie

280znewbie

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBedford PA

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:35 AM

Thank u for the reply. What I've decided is to put a thermo tec blanket on the bottom of the intake with it reflective side towards the exhaust. It's rated to block 2000 degree radiant heat. I painted the exhaust and turbo with 1300-2000 ceramic paint.

z cars are the passion and the driving force of us all

'76 280z 2+2 l28et on factory computer.  sunset pearl paint, original interior, factory 4 speed, fun weekend cruiser and nationally awarded show car

'74 260z coupe.  factory l26 and 4 speed, swapped to 240z carbs, roll bar, ready for flares, coilovers, and sway bars, future autocross car

'70 521 mini truck, original 250k miles, l16 and 4 speed, shop truck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exhaust, temperatures, safety, exhaust temperature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users