#21 Turbo Meister

Turbo Meister

Compensator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationMurrieta, Ca

Posted A week ago

Wow, glad you are okay. The Z looks like it will be better than ever!

Thanks Bart...yes, I hope so!

#22 calZ

calZ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted A week ago

That paint looks nice, and it seemed to get done quickly despite it being done as fill-in work. Mind PMing me the location or a website for the shop? I'll be needing paint eventually and I'm in the LA area.

#23 Turbo Meister

Turbo Meister

Compensator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationMurrieta, Ca

Posted A week ago

Don't evaluate the time between primer and paint as realistic. I'm just now recently posting pics that were taken some time ago. The Z was in paint jail for 9 months before I got it back. Tom is backed up with paint jobs and won't do anything for a while.

#24 calZ

calZ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted A week ago

Ah, that makes more sense. I'd still take that tradeoff if it came at a very good price. Not sure if you mind sharing what he charged or not.

#25 Turbo Meister

Turbo Meister

Compensator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationMurrieta, Ca

Posted A week ago

The Z is at home but needs everything to be re-assembled.

Big 12" drilled and vented Wilwood 4-piston front brakes have been installed. It was a close fit but with custom off-set spacers the 15" Weld Drag-Light wheels fit.

The pic also shows the Techno-Toy-Tuning Tension Control Rod. This rod is much stronger than the stock Datsun unit and eases caster adjustment.

Attached File  21.JPG   94.33KB   0 downloads

The 9" Ford differential received 11 1/4" Strange 4-piston disc brakes. The 9" is a Currie "Plus" unit with 31 spline axles and 5/8" wheel studs. The gears are 3.50's with a Strange spool.

Attached File  22.JPG   82.72KB   0 downloads

#26 Turbo Meister

Turbo Meister

Compensator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationMurrieta, Ca

Posted 6 days ago

Two Aeromotive A 1000, #11101, fuel pumps have their AN-10 outlet fuel lines joined by a Y to a single AN-10 fuel line. This line connects to an Aeromotive A 2000, #13202, Bypass Fuel Pressure Regulator. An Aeromotive,#15107, One-Way AN-10 check valve prevents reverse fuel flow through the inactive fuel pump when only one pump is running for street driving. However, both pumps are activated during racing. Two Aeromotive, #12304, 100 Micron fuel filters are plumbed between the fuel cell and the pumps.

The pics also show the Hal coilover shocks and 150 lbs. springs.

The 9" Ford has been painted Rustoleum satin black with a brush.

Brush streak marks add Character.....

Attached File  26.JPG   122.63KB   0 downloads

Attached File  25.JPG   107.73KB   0 downloads

#27 Turbo Meister

Turbo Meister

Compensator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationMurrieta, Ca

Posted 2 days ago

I have been working on rewiring the Z and preparing the engine compartment for engine installation. The first pic shows the Motorsports Auto type 3 air-dam with fog lights, which I wired to act as turn signals.

Attached File  27.JPG   102.16KB   0 downloads

The other pics show the Design Engineering Inc, #010399, heat screen with adhesive backing that can withstand 1200 F direct heat. The heat screen was applied to the areas where there was minimal header and down-pipe clearance.

Attached File  28.JPG   106.22KB   0 downloads

Attached File  29.JPG   106.15KB   0 downloads

#28 RebekahsZ

RebekahsZ

Life Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5332 posts
  • LocationFlorence, Alabama

Posted 2 days ago

It never ceases to amaze me how much of a unibody S30 can be cut away without affecting it structurally! Your car is awesome-maybe better than before. Makes me wanna go run my car into some pea gravel and a safety net!

1972 240z, purchased in 1991 for $900. Bone stock LS2/T56/DBW from 2006 GTO, swap completed in 2011. 400rwhp/435 rwtq. 2400# minus driver. JCI swap, Mantic ER2 clutch kit, JTR headers, single exhaust, Borla muffler, MGW shifter, M2 Differentials shortened Z31 CV axles, Z31 CLSD R200, Chequered Flag Racing billet stubs and companion flanges. MSD 2-step, Hurst roll control, both operated from switches on clutch pedal. 9" Hoosier drag slicks on Weld Draglites, 245/45/16 Hoosier A6/R6 on 16X8+10 Rota RBR. 225/250 sectioned coilovers, Koni 8610-1437RACE shocks, DP and EMI camber plates, MM shortened rear control arms, TTT front control arms, poly and aluminum bushings. Top speeds: Ohio Mile 174mph, C/GMS class record holder, best 1/8 mile 6.96 at 100mph, best 1/4-mile 11.0 at 126mph, best 60' 1.43, best 1/2-mile 148mph at GA 1/2-mile. Home Track-Jake's Dragway, Moulton, AL. SCCA autocross club - TVR, Huntsville, AL. Lets race!

#29 Turbo Meister

Turbo Meister

Compensator

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationMurrieta, Ca

Posted A day ago

It never ceases to amaze me how much of a unibody S30 can be cut away without affecting it structurally! Your car is awesome-maybe better than before. Makes me wanna go run my car into some pea gravel and a safety net!

Well....I'm cautiously optimistic that the body will be structurally sound! We will find out at the next race. HaHa...pea gravel and a safety net are an expensive modification. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users