HybridZ

250GTO Replica on eBay

rturbo 930

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Ferrari-Other-Datsun-/182401959014?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a78010466:g:9jsAAOSwux5YNopm&item=182401959014

Might be a good start for someone here looking to build one. I don't know about the price, 10k and reserve not met, but then again, prices on classic cars have been shooting up, so maybe it's worth that. No idea.

Found this funny

Properly fixed/restored, worth 40K-800K & up ... 3 last listings with prices attached. Last 4 photos are stock/taken on-line.

One of his references looks more like an exact(?) replica, not a Datsun with a body kit. $800k? Yeah right.

Lee. The link in my post will take you there, but the path is;

Forums - FAQs - Body Kits & Paint - 250 GTO Owners Thread

Looking forward to your posts.

Not certain but you may have to have a minimum number of posts before you can attach images, e.g. 5 posts.??? 

Edited by Boy from Oz

Hi,

It's Lee with the GTO.

It appears your are correct...I can't seem to attach pictures.

Let's communicate via this thread first,if only to make sure this is a car that would interest you.

Be forewarned...this is a serious tribute to the original....unlike most of the Datsun based GTO's.

What questions might you have?

Thx,

Lee 

It started as an original Alfa factory built, so the basic kit was done correctly with great fit and finish.

Over time, the car has evolved to the level it is today....there are so many upgrades only images can do it justice.

I'll try again to shoot a few off ASAP

Engine is a pro built 280Z and has a reliable 300HP

I note your post count is '0', that may have something to do with you not being able to post images?.

Try posting on the 250 GTO thread and using the "More Reply Option". Ensure the files are not too large.

If you have no luck ask someone under 14 years old, they'll sort it out straightaway

Where will I find the "More Reply Option" on the 250 GTO thread. My old eyes can't find it!

Also, I'm trying to change my email from my office to home with no success.

It says the home address "already exists", but the office one is the one where all the emails are received and sent from.

Any thoughts on that one too?

Sorry to be a pain, but there's no 14 year olds around here!

I'm guessing you're using the quick reply box to post - that's the one that's at the bottom of each thread. If you look to the right of the 'Post' button, you'll see the 'More Reply Options' button. From there you can attach your files, using the tools just below the text box.

I'm not sure what's going on with your email. Which email shows up in the email and password form? This link should take you there if you can't find it: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=email

That's the form you will need to use to change your email. My gut feeling is that you are trying something different. If you try to re-register on a forum, it will usually tell you that your email address is already in use.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Hi Lee,

Glad to see some pics posted.  Unfortunately, all I can see are the small thumbnails. When I click an image, all I get is a white square and a spinning icon...  but it could just be my internet. It's extremely slow out here in the boonies.  Anyone else having this issue, or is it just me?

Did you solve your email address issue.  The link provided two posts above should take you directly to the right page.  If for some reason it doesn't, scroll to the top of this page and click on your screen name.  The drop down menu will have My Settings listed. 

Might be a good start for someone here looking to build one. I don't know about the price, 10k and reserve not met, but then again, prices on classic cars have been shooting up, so maybe it's worth that. No idea...

Pretty rough for $10k, in my opinion.  However, unmounted body kits are starting around $6500 to these days.  Sooooo, I guess $10k isn't out of the question.  I certainly wouldn't exceed that, though.

Edited by Fauxre

Yeah, I don't know about the price. Mind you, that's 10k, and reserve not met, so the price he expects to get is even higher.

A few years ago I would have laughed, but with prices going up, it might be worth it. I haven't been keeping up. But it's supply and demand. For someone that wants one, a 250 GTO body conversion already partly or mostly completed could be worth some coin, since they aren't exactly common.

As for pricing, a few years ago I was seeing fairly nice, unrestored series 1 cars listed for around $16-18k. Nice original cars that needed a bit of work, but generally in good shape. Right now there is a nice series 1 240z with a BIN of $25,600, a modified RB20 swapped 240z for $20k, and finally a white, so-called 72 240z with SBC for $30k. Look closely and you'll see it's a late 280z that even has a 280Z VIN, not sure what's up with that. Given all that, 10k almost seems reasonable.

Edited by rturbo 930