HybridZ

Super Magnum t56 fitment

I have a T56 Magnum and did not have to modify anything on the trans tunnel. Mine is a 78 280.

I'm looking at mounting a T56 magnum behind my L-series in my '78 - were you able to clear the mounting ears for the stock crossmember?  Measurements I've made so far look like this point will be really tight - there's only 8" between those ears.

Also, where did your shifter come out?  It looks like the standard magnum shifter location is too far forward and the XL is too far rearward, at least for where it would end up bolting up to an L-series...

Edited by TimZ

• 3 weeks later...

I bolted my T56 Magnum behind an LS3, I removed the factory trans mounting ears from the trans tunnel since the aftermarket mount I purchased did not use the factory mounting. The T56 Magnum I used was modified to fit an F-Body Camaro, the shifter came out in the center of the factory hole. The stock T56 Magnum shifter point is too far forward.

You can purchased the F-Body modified T56 Magnum from Tick Performance. That's where I got mine.