4 replies to this topic

#1 clarkspeed

clarkspeed

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationDowntown Orlando Florida

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

As one of our many projects, FHPTom and I are currently restoring a 72' 240Z.  It served as an ITS car in the San Francisco region I believe since the 90's. We rescued it from becoming a chopped up wide body conversion.

https://www.facebook...?fref=hovercard

We have been documenting the build on our S30 Motorsports Facebook page.  We intend to essentially restore the car to full race form and also convert to a tribute vintage CP car.  Car is being built to SVRA rules which are nationally accepted and we are upgrading or replacing everything related to safety and reliability.  It has a fresh 2.4L, close ratio 5 speed, and a locked 3.9 rear.  Current plan is to race it, sort it, then sell it with an extensive spares package we have collected.

Clark

S30 Motorsports: Restoring, building, and racing vintage cars.  Current projects: 71 240Z CP Bob Leitzinger tribute vintage race car, 70 240Z partial tube frame IMSA GTU vintage race car, 60 Mini Cooper vintage race car.  "If you are under control you're going too slow" - Parnelli Jones

#2 gnosez

gnosez

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:36 AM

So how far north do you expect to race (VIR)?

"you're only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely"

#3 clarkspeed

clarkspeed

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

VIR is on the bucket list. Hope to get there someday. So far, Road Atlanta is as far morth as we travel. It is an 8 hour tow. Plus I hate spending more on tow gas for a weekend than race gas.

S30 Motorsports: Restoring, building, and racing vintage cars.  Current projects: 71 240Z CP Bob Leitzinger tribute vintage race car, 70 240Z partial tube frame IMSA GTU vintage race car, 60 Mini Cooper vintage race car.  "If you are under control you're going too slow" - Parnelli Jones

#4 gnosez

gnosez

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Road Atlanta is out of my normal range with VIR a 12+ hr trip. Luckily enough work takes me to a site not more than 6 miles from the track so my tow gas bill is covered as are my hotel and meals.

I might have some new work sites further south so perhaps we can run together before you end up selling.

"you're only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely"

#5 clarkspeed

clarkspeed

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:18 AM

That would be cool. As soon as we finish this car, I will be back to work on my tube frame car. Probably need a year to complete it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users