#1 M2RX

M2RX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, UK

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:56 AM

Hi all,

New user here... i'm looking to import either a 240z or 260z with an RB engine from the US to the UK.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of anyone or any company that may be able to help with this?

Thanks

#2 88dangerdan

88dangerdan

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationStockton Ca

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:12 AM

Check with member "Villeman" I sent him a car from California to Germany back in May. He took care of all the shipping arrangements from his side. He could probably point you in the right direction.

#3 M2RX

M2RX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, UK

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:41 AM

Cheers, will try to look him up

#4 Tony D

Tony D

Wiki D

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9958 posts
  • LocationReno NV & Lucena Quezon, Philippines

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

CFR Rinkens will do it, they have ships to Europe leaving all the time from many different ports and a proprietary car shipping system for containerised vehicles second to none. I have shipped with them before on many occasions, and I think that is who I recommended Villeman use as well.

I don't know how it is since Brexit, the trick was to import to Netherlands so as to be tax exempt, then run the NL rego into UK for decreased tax exposure.

There was some stuff going on like that through Shannon or other Irish ports as well... Most of my stuff goes to NL.

Misanthropic Anthroparion Class 5 Hoarder, aspiring to posthumous fame as my containers are cut open and the market floods with crap I've squirrelled away over the years! I endeavour to persevere...

#5 Tony D

Tony D

Wiki D

• Donating Members
  • 9958 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:18 AM

If you google 'cfr rinkens' they will show right up...

Misanthropic Anthroparion Class 5 Hoarder, aspiring to posthumous fame as my containers are cut open and the market floods with crap I've squirrelled away over the years! I endeavour to persevere...

#6 Ereschkigal

Ereschkigal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:29 AM

Or you may visit the Netherlands. There are quite a few importer if you are not looking for a special car.

#7 Jay

Jay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:16 AM

Will follow this, as I'm also very interested.

#8 Villeman

Villeman

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:46 AM

just my 2 cent...donĀ“t go to the netherlands. Normally they know quite well how much the cars are worth and then take it by 1.5 -2 just for good measure. I adressed this in my build thread, vacation + CFR is your best bet, then comes nothing for a long time and then other importers. If you need some names of "fair" importers who will sell you a Datsun let me know

#9 Tony D

Tony D

Wiki D

• Donating Members
  • 9958 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:07 AM

^^^^Now I wonder where that "Vacation in SoCal and CFR Rinkens" advice came from?  :P

#10 Villeman

Villeman

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:48 AM

ah, just some random guy nobody here knows.... TobiD....TonyZ.... something like that ^^

but he was right!

Edited by Villeman, 16 February 2017 - 03:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users