HybridZ

Wtb: 240z Center console

superduner

FYI. 72-73 are different than the 70-71. Choke cables are different defrost switch is different and fitment in general is different and ash tray is too.

I don't have a choke cable or defrost system on my set up. It's more aesthetic than anything. But will the 72+ ashtray one console fit on my 70? It looks like it has a sump for the ashtray in the Trans tunnel

Funny I was just going through this myself. My car is a 71 and someone threw in a 72 console. Did not fit right at all. Only have the pics because I'm still in the process of installing it. The 72 is longer than the 71 for sure. You would have to redrill 3 extra holes to secure the rear by your seats and likely do some sort of mods to get the front mounted in correctly. 71 is on right side. I think if you use the ash tray as the positioning point you may be able to do it.

post-1881-0-49112500-1485566192_thumb.jpg

Funny I was just going through this myself. My car is a 71 and someone threw in a 72 console. Did not fit right at all. Only have the pics because I'm still in the process of installing it. The 72 is longer than the 71 for sure. You would have to redrill 3 extra holes to secure the rear by your seats and likely do some sort of mods to get the front mounted in correctly. 71 is on right side. I think if you use the ash tray as the positioning point you may be able to do it.

Yeah brother I figured the rear 3 hole alignment might be an issue but don't mind drilling into the tunnel to secure it. I'd definitely be using the ashtray as the guide. Mind seeing how that would fit by doing so even if the holes don't line up for the rear? Much appreciated brother