HybridZ

Dizzy question 280Z

I purchased an A1-Cardone 280ZX Turbo  dizzy from RA. Assembly quality was not all that great. Some clearance issues between trigger wheel and CAS.

However, it's probably as good as any other reman dizzy. In other words. You receive it. Check everything for proper clearances ( air gap ) and lubrication. Re-manufacturers are infamous for insufficient lubes on things like centrifugal advance mechanisms and vacuum advance plates. Juts my experience.  

I often take reman alternators apart and re-pack the shielded end bearing. Seldom do they have sufficient grease. In fact, ANY shielded pre-packed bearing, I always check these days. . 

I purchased an A1-Cardone 280ZX Turbo  dizzy from RA. Assembly quality was not all that great. Some clearance issues between trigger wheel and CAS.

However, it's probably as good as any other reman dizzy. In other words. You receive it. Check everything for proper clearances ( air gap ) and lubrication. Re-manufacturers are infamous for insufficient lubes on things like centrifugal advance mechanisms and vacuum advance plates. Juts my experience.  

I often take reman alternators apart and re-pack the shielded end bearing. Seldom do they have sufficient grease. In fact, ANY shielded pre-packed bearing, I always check these days. . 

I would actually like to find someone to rebuild mine if possible. Jeff at Advanced Distributor will rebuild it and bench it to dial it in with his equipment but he charges $200 and up. It also takes 4 to 6 weeks. 

I would actually like to find someone to rebuild mine if possible. Jeff at Advanced Distributor will rebuild it and bench it to dial it in with his equipment but he charges $200 and up. It also takes 4 to 6 weeks. 

That's actually quite reasonable IMHO. If he does a proper job. Getting harder and harder to find guys that work on the older stuff these days. At least it is up in my neck of the woods....