- - - - -

ZCD Rip Off of Bad Dog Frame Rails Design

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#41 Neverdone

Neverdone
  • LocationMilwaukie, OR

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

I didn't read it that way at all. I read it that ZCD didn't know who was making them, and seeing that whoever is more than likely copied them from Bad Dog, they aren't going to buy from them anymore or sell them on their website.

That's what I got out of it anyway.

#42 NewZed

NewZed
  • LocationWashington County, Oregon

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

Zcardepot did not design or manufactur any frame rails.  

We went with another brand than Bad Dog as it is a very similar product that offered us a better value.  

Did the company that we buy from copy Bad Dog products or any other companies?  We do not know for certain. 

Well then, if you take everything at face value, there's another manufacturer of frame rails out there, selling to ZCD instead of selling under their own name.  Is it Zedd Findings?  Can't imagine that somebody is making frame rails but not advertising.  Is it MSA's manufacturer?

Basically, ZCD might be saying that he found a fabricator that will sell him someone else's design.  If it's not BDP, then somebody else's design efforts were being skimmed.  ZCD says explicitly that he did not design the rails.  So we're back to buying the goods, just not being responsible for where they came from.

So, the mystery may not be solved, but at least he's not selling ill-gotten goods.  But there is apparently a fabricator out there that will sell someone else's design.  Maybe that's the real story.  Or maybe ZeddFindings is teaming up with ZCD.  That doesn't seem like something to hide though.

Alright, off the high horse.  Carry on.  

http://www.thezstore...ZS/PROD/30-7317

http://www.thezstore...ZS/PROD/30-7319

http://www.datsunzpa...m/products.html

Edit - wrong MSA part.

Edited by NewZed, 08 February 2017 - 07:03 PM.

#43 rturbo 930

rturbo 930
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

It would be especially disappointing if it was Zedd Findings since they seem to have a gentleman's agreement not to compete.

Thanks to those who spoke up on my behalf. After 13+ years in business and nearly 2000 frame rail sets sold this was a weird few days. My approach has been the same from the start, 100% refund (with return shipping included) no questions asked, assistance on request, a no poaching rule (ask Charlie at Zeddfindings about our relationship), and support for the Z community.

Owen | 1976 280Z | 1988 325is | 1986 Jetta | 1953 CJ3B

A car is a hole in the air, suspended there by four rubber doughnuts which you can not eat.
Into this hole, you throw money, which you will never see again.

#44 RB26powered74zcar

RB26powered74zcar
  • LocationLouisiana, 70601

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:17 AM

OK everybody. There are some in this thread who need to take a few moments to relax. This situation appears to have been worked out already, so please take pause for now. 

I will pass this up the chain of command, and hopefully open this back up soon.

Thank you

~ joel

RB26dettZ pics

th_April_2012006.jpg ®

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users